If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Really wish DBD gave a more clear idea what a win/loss is

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited May 2023 in General Discussions

It's something I know gets brought up a lot but I wish the game gave a more standardized explanation of what is considered a won or loss.

I know some people consider a win/loss to be based on

-number of kills

-emblems

-if you died/lived

-score

-pipping or not

And I'm sure there are other ways players consider a match a win or loss.

I had a player blow up my inbox saying "to enjoy my L" when I got 11 hooks, 3 kills, 1 gen remained, and double pipped.

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,325
    Options

By any metric that the game provides you've won.

By design DBD is a game where both sides can "win" on a statistically level, but on a e-peen chest puffing emotional hype level is almost meaningless. Outside total stomp situations where on side absolutely dumpsters the other there isn't a way to tell. It's the kinda weirdness one expects in a 1v4 game where the game gives out 5 different scores instead of just one for each side.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2023
    Options

Yeah I know I won by all metrics, although i just wish it was more clear to the opposing side as well. I'd love to see emblems etc for other players in a match

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,079
    Options

They've said before they use SBMM now because it has clear win/loss.

If you're a survivor and you die you lost, if you escape you won.

As killer each survivor is treated as a separate win/loss in the match. If you have 2k/2e you have 2 wins and 2 losses.

Ignore the people messaging at the end, they're just being sore winners/losers that'd rather try to rile some stranger up after the match is over instead of moving on to the next round.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

At this point, I just consider it a win if I had fun during the match. If I didn’t it’s a loss.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I play for fun and bp, so if I got a lot of both, then I won in my book.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 640
    edited May 2023
    Options

I think there would be a way to add victory points to certain actions in such a way as to have a more clear, definite win/loss.

For example:

Killers get 3 points for 1st hook stage on each survivor, 2 points for second stage, and 1 point for sacrifice/mori. The diminishing points for hook stages would incentivize going after fresh targets (i.e. camping and tunneling someone only gets you 3 more points, which is the same you’d get for hooking someone else for the first time).

Survivors get 3 points for each gen complete (or maybe 5 for the first, 4 for the second, 3 for third, 2 for fourth, and 1 for the fifth), and 2 points for each survivor escape (or maybe 3?)

First side to get 21 points wins. If neither side has 21, the team with the most victory points wins.

I know there are issues with this, but I think this general idea could work.

I‘ve also thought about something like a Battlefield style ticket system where survivors have to escape before they run out tickets and the killer tries to exhaust their tickets before they can escape.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,545
    edited May 2023
    Options

It's a bit deeper than that SBMM wise, per the devs, as it also comes down to your opponents MMRs. If you kill a survivor with a lower MMR than you, then your MMR isn't affected as the game expects the better/higher MMR player to win. Likewise if a higher MMR survivor escapes against a low MMR killer. So that also impacts on how the game determines and rewards wins.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

I've always gone by the following:

3+ survivors out = survivor win

2 survivors out = a wash (tie)

0-1 survivors out = survivor loss