If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Game Afoot

Options

Game Afoot is a perk I want to talk about a little. This is a perk that I saw problems with during the PTB, and those problems are very much still present. This is one of those perks that sounds pretty good on paper, but doesn't actually provide a lot of value.

The effect of it is decently strong. Some pallets you just have to get out of the way, and getting a little speed boost to help you catch back up can definitely be helpful. The main problem comes with the obsession part of it, which is often more harmful than helpful. Hitting someone and them becoming the obsession is something I experience every so often, but the most common outcome (at least for me) is the person I just downed becoming the obsession.

The person I just downed becoming the obsession doesn't just mean that Game Afoot provided no value that chase, it also means it will prevent it from providing value in my next chase. When I down someone and they become the obsession, that means the next person I chase is guaranteed to not be the obsession, because I just downed and hooked them. Then even if I do chase them for a bit, there's a chance I still won't get value from it, either because I didn't chase them for long enough, or because they were already injured and they'd just go down. And then there's a chance that when I down them, they'll become the obsession and the cycle repeats.

I would like it if this perk received some sort of minor buff/rework. The main thing that comes is that the person I'm chasing just becomes the obsession when they become the most chase, no hit required. I personally don't think this would make it too powerful anything. It would certainly make the perk usable though.

Comments