If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Oni Iridescents—Minor Buffs

Options
Steel_Eyed
Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
edited May 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Oni has two iridescents that do not see much use. I think with one minor buff to each, the community would be more apt to use them.

My suggestion is to add the effect of other lower rarity addons as an additional to the iridescents that enhances that addon but without being as strong as the original addon being tacked on.

For Iridescent Family Crest (this addon adds an Infectious Fright scream on missed blood fury attacks): Increase Blood Fury duration of four seconds. This is weaker in effect than the yellow duration addon. I think that’s all that’s needed to raise eyebrows to this Iridescent.

Glove (adds auras when survivors run through blood orbs): Add additional blood orb on actions and maybe a 7% to 10% increase in orbs dropping from survivors. This would be adding a weaker effect of the green mask addon. Keeping blood orbs supplied.

Let me know your thoughts. Could other killers benefit from adding a weaker addon effect to their Iris to push them over the meta wall? Ahem Hillbilly *Ahem*

Comments

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

I like the idea. Oni's iri don't feel like iri addons at all.

About other killers - Freddy and Pyramidhead always come to mind considering bad addons (in general). This includes their iri addons too. But I am certain there will be many more killers like this.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

I tried running the add-on's and they are not that bad. the problem is that Oni's base-kit is too weak for me to not run his stat increase add-on's. I would rather run Top scalp knot, Akito crutch, Lion fang and Splitter hull as Oni over his iri. I think if they made top scalp knot, Akito crutch and Splitter hull base-kit and removed his -7 second penalty for putting a survivor into dying state, then I would use his iri add-on's.

His base-kit would be good enough to play add-onless as Oni at that point vs all levels of play similar to Blight. Oni base-kit vs good player is too weak to not run his best add-on's currently.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

Sure. Akito's and splintered are his best addons by far. His ability is one of the strongest stuff in game and making it speedy+often sure makes good addons. In comparison to that, his iri addons effects feel lacking.

But for me it sounds weird to say Oni is weak. But that's offtopic so I am not going there any further.