Whats the point of 3/4 genning? When killers do it from the beginning of the match.

Jejune
Jejune Member Posts: 795
edited May 2023 in General Discussions

Ok you stay and protect your 3 gen and i will protect my finished gens on the other side.

There is 0 chance of any gen progression even if i go there (even at 5 gens remaining) )so i might aswell not go there. Now its a waiting game for whoever is going to be found and killed first. After everybody is dead but one person its wait out EGC, unless you have that perk for the hatch.

Comments

• goka9696
    goka9696 Member Posts: 5

The point is to win.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,678

Killers spent months winning games by playing PvE. Gen kick simulator and 3 gen defense became incredibly popular and meta ways to win games where they can decide in the lobby to just never engage with the other team unless they choose to, on their terms and in their own time.

If it allows you to win consistently and is easy, players will gravitate to doing that. It's a constant in every game that's ever existed.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,245

Easy and requires zero skill or effort. You don't have to be good in chase or have good game sense to win. Most solo teams are not coordinated enough to break a three gen from a killer like skull merchant. Either that or they just don't want to deal with a 30 minute game and will immediately give up in order to avoid it.