Opinions on upcoming map and chapter?

I have not been active on DBD for awhile now but after seeing the preview for the new chapter It makes me feel excited to play and get into it again. Especially the map, from what I have seen it looks so cool and unique, and I just wanted to hear what you guys thought of the map and the chapter we are about to get. Of course we aren't technically getting it until next month, but just thought I'd get the community's consensus until then.

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited May 2023

We know still very little about the upcoming chapter, we have some idea of the killer power And that's about it.

The map looks rly good, but I am scared it be another bad map that is hard to use fast paced or range powers on.

The Killer could be another gen defender which Survivors dislike, but hey we will see.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,851

Too early to say.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496

It looks cool so far, I like the maps vibe. Hopefully it won't be an unbalanced mess like most the recent maps because I don't want another garden of joy in the game. Can't say much on anything else because it's really early, it just looks cool. Sci Fi horror is a cool genre I hope they don't screw it up.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

Visually they remind me of the Outer Worlds.

Anything else it's too early to say, need to wait for PTB because right now it's mainly guessing.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Looks like they got 500 props per square inch. As usual great looking, terrible to play.

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136

Hard to say so early on, I’m as much pessimistic as I am hopeful considering the last chapter.

Overall the story, theme and map look great although there are concerns regarding map playability.

From the little bit I’ve seen of the killer, I’m worried it looks a little like it could be a Dredge skin if he was cosplaying as Skull Merchant lol (remember I’m pessimistic atm) but I could be wrong. If his power is optimal for 3 genning then it’s most likely game over for a lot of players.

Still hopeful though, it could be great, fresh and fun.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 378

I'm genuinely waiting for it. The Killer's design and concept is great, the map looks incredible. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 306

I'm really excited for both. The map design seems solid and quite different from what we have right now I can't wait to play it. The Singularity gives me some Meet Your Maker vibes. I like its desing and its power looks interesting and engaging. Yeah, it may happen that it becomes a good 3-gen killer, but still it does seem to be a more interactive power than SM and we have yet to see how all of it works.

I'm hyped to play the PTB starting tomorrow, and I am definitely so hyped for the upcoming months. I know the playerbase is consistently whinny and ungrateful, but I would really like to give a big THANK YOU to BHVR because they really seem to be trying to give their best.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,706

From a visual standpoint it looks amazing. The art department has never let us down. Can't really say anything about gameplay till the PTB though.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

You'll get a lot more responses tomorrow at 11am EDT when the PTB drops