the farmers are out of control

Options
truthserum21
truthserum21 Member Posts: 17
edited May 2023 in General Discussions

I play roughly 100-120 matches as survivor per day. Usually I get about 20-25 friendly ghostfaces or someone else doing a challenge or daily who wont chase, attack, or do anything except their minor task. Then I also get roughly 30-35 AFK Pinheads and a few random other killers who get passive bloodpoints from their kit that just swing their weapon and turn in a circle. The y always have Beast of Prey, Distressing, and Lightborn. Sometime Corrupt Int or Thrill of the Hunt.

I bought this game to play it. The fact that 50% or MORE of the matches I queue into are these types of matches is outright unacceptable. Can we please make this type of thing a first offense permaban to any account who does this. Also can we revoke the rights to the content the account purchased as well so they cant just game share or account hop without having to purchase all content over again on a new account?

If this sounds extreme to anyone then maybe we can just remove rift challenges and daily tasks? Also remove the bloodweb and bloodpoint system so that playing the regular game would be just like customs? If players dont have selfish incentives it would really make the quality of life on this game much better.

Comments

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

I have 2700 hours in this game and I'm currently on 17 farming Killers.

• truthserum21
    Options

thats a lie but ok. 4 days ago i started recording uninterrupted game play. i also started writing down all the account names keeping record because it is so unreasonable. i refuse to believe that you have only seen 17 farming killers. besides, thats a peculiar number. did you start keeping count from the beginning like you would need to know how many times it happened to you for some reason?

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

I cannot share this experience. Most of them want to win in my games.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,404
    Options

Someone do the maths on this one

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    edited May 2023
    Options

120 matches per day that's hard to believe. An average match is 15 min so that means 120 matches is about 30 hours worth of gameplay and obv a day is 24 hours so even if you played 100 matches that means you be on dbs for 24/7. That's impressive bro. 15x120=1800/60=30 hours. Quick maths

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 295
    Options

People who say: "I don't see farmers so OP must be lying" -> Yes OP is exagerating the numbers but the issue actually exists. We all live in different countries and timezones, it is very silly to think that just because you don't see happen yourself then it must be the same for everyone else in the world.

In my region, when playing late, I commonly see AFK farmers using scripts. As a result, I have stopped playing late. Then I started seeing them in evenings as well. And since winter, I haven't seen any. But I saw other people mention them.

I believe it's a combination of region, time of day and year, and probably happens more during events which need a lot of Rift fragments.

These days I barely play anymore but I still routinely see twitch streamers like Skermz getting matched against farmer killers. I'd say 1 match out of 30. Not terrible, but not great either, considering that he and 3000 viewers have to waste 15 minutes just so that someone can get their Steam achievement that nobody cares about.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

This is actually an issue I almost never encounter. In well over 3000 hours I have seen maybe 2-3 afk killers who swing at nothing. In 100 games I run into maybe 1-2 farming killers on average. Most killers I run into play the game like their life is on the line.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

You see farming Killers? I very rarely see Killers who take mercy on us after 2 DCs but on a regular basis? Not a chance.

Also, since your claims of 100 to 120 matches a day are obviously untrue as it would leave you with no time to sleep I'm putting this down as a troll. If you somehow do see a farming Killer and don't want to play along just do gens and go. Your teammates might be coming out of their umpteenth time being hard tunneled and camped and enjoy a light hearted game so don't try to wreck it for them.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,376
    Options

100-120 matches per day?! I'm in awe. Like, when do you even sleep? Or are you an AI? You can tell me, if you are an AI.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,116
    Options

Wait....you are getting friendly ghost faces? Bruh where tf are they hiding in my games?

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Oh my god yeah there’s been so many farming killers it’s ridiculous all I wanna do is play the game normally.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,351
    Options

The only time I have EVER seen even a slight increase in farming killers is during the first couple days of an anniversary event where there's 4 or 5 cakes/flans. Outside of that, farming killers are pretty darn rare. Maybe if there's an early DC them -sometimes- the killer may start farming but even then they usually don't.

And if you -really- hate farming games that much then just go and point at a hook, usually the killer eventually gets the message and hooks ya. But again, farming is so rare anyway that's it's not really an issue, certainly nowhere close to enough for such a drastic change like removing archives and dailies.

Also most of the time killers farms it's NOT because they're doing an archive or daily, they're just wanting to be friendly or they want more BP, so your solution wouldn't even solve this 'issue'.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited May 2023
    Options

"Can we please make this type of thing a first offense permaban to any account who does this. Also can we revoke the rights to the content the account purchased as well so they cant just game share or account hop without having to purchase all content over again on a new account?"

Good lord, relax. It's like you didn't even take a second to think critically about this.

Imagine if the way YOU choose to play got you permabanned after ONE TIME all because one person didn't like it - not to mention all the money you sank into the game being for nothing.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

To be honest if survivors being Party Streamers some killers just farm.

But AFK killers I haven't got in a while. I remember when I first started to play I'd get a lot of them. Idk if BHVR fixed it or I simply moved up in MMR.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

You play 100 games a day? Even if each game only lasted around 5 minutes, which is a big stretch, that would be 8 hours, just in the game, that doesn't even include matchmaking and loading times.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    Options

lowest mmr are infested with those, so i have to assume you are dying on purpose in those matches. there is absolutely no way you escape 60+ games per day and still facing those killers.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,910
    Options

This just reeks of troll.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

My brother in Christ, go out and touch grass

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 354
    Options

2nd post on the forums, straight lies.

0/10

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,881
    Options

If you're playing that many games a day then you must not be sleeping much. Sure you're not hallucinating these killers?

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited May 2023
    Options

And you're expecting us to believe out of 120 games you see 35 pinheads? Let alone 35 farming ones. There is no way that 50% of your matches are farming or afk killers, hyperbole doesn't make you sound credible. Obvious troll is obvious.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

Tbh I had a hard time reading past the surprise of "I play roughly 100-120"......I've never told anyone to "touch grass," and I won't start now but.......................................................man. I think you have indeed got your moneys worth.

Anyway...I think your anger is misplaced, and your extreme reactions are just that..extreme. I wish I had killers that wanted to farm, rather than face camp and tunnel. I think in all fairness, if someone is playing as many matches as you are per day..you're going to run into the same killers multiple times, and similar builds..seems pretty unavoidable. Maybe play killer yourself to spice your dbd gaming up?

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 519
    Options

The development management once said to killer players, "Relax your shoulders and play like you're going for a walk." I also say "Go to civ" at other times.

• truthserum21
    Options

i kill myself on first hook if the team sucks, so yeah thats about accurate. and yes, i play dead by daylight roughly 16-18 hours per day. its what people do who are old and disabled, cant leave the house, and live in a very remote area. most of my matches that do last are 8-10 mins but i have about 20/day at least where i am dead in less than 3.

• truthserum21
    Options

i recorded 14 games of this today. is it possible to put videos on here? i want to upload them all every day.

• truthserum21
    Options

btw, why is everyone on here so hostile? is that an online thing or a young people thing?

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 264
    Options

Why you complain ? enjoy your free BP ,do only gens and go next. not everyone can do 100+ games a day , i have a Job , a Family and i would be banned for that , if i afk some games as killer here and there to have chill games or gaining some Rift points . You are self-centered, understand that not everyone play the game YOUR way.

• truthserum21
    edited May 2023
    Options

i feel like people just want to have something to say. anyway, yes i die probably 50 matches per day. and honestly 100 matches is reasonable, i think 120 might be a force. but i do play 16-18 hours/day. im in a wheelchair and live a little more than 30 miles from the closest town and almost 100 miles from the closest city.

most of my matches i get teammates that either dont have any teachable perks, have all 4 perk slots unlocked, a paid or unlockable cosmetic, or even a single perk equipped. People have to remember that this game is on Xbox game pass as well(idk about the Playstation server) so people download the game just to check it out all the time.

Iv been playing for a while too but I used to have a good team. Life stuff doesnt let us play together anymore so I solo queue every match as well, which adds to all of this.

im not sure if anyone could tell i was exaggerating out of frustration either, but the number of these matches absolutely does come close to 20 per day. i am now recording them all in case i find a way to post them.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Idk bro i play like 2h per day to the game and i barely see any player begging farming challengues

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

More of an online thing, but if you obviously exaggerate and blow stuff out of proportion then you will get a lot of mocking replies. In all seriousness farming killers are pretty rare, you're making it sound like it's literally 50% of your games which is impossible.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,269
    edited May 2023
    Options

That's probably why you keep getting "bad teammates" if you consistently choose to go on first hook your mmr is gonna be bottom of the barrel

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,186
    Options

ok survivors don't want killers to camp,tunnel,slug,kick gens,run slow down perks or kill them....now no farming which I don't see that often.

so what do survivors want? don't say chases that bull because how fast gens go that can't be it.

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 337
    Options

I enjoy the occasional farming game and it's always with bubba. Survivors will lead me through pallets, I'll let them do gens, they always give a few hooks, and more often than not one them offers their death in the end (which I don't take). 90% of the time, after a DC, we goof around and give each other points.

In all other games I'm a ruthless killer.

• betelgeuseyes
    betelgeuseyes Member Posts: 268
    Options

It doesn't happen as often to me as it does to you, but I do feel like farming should be deterred because I do see it more often than I would like.