Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PTB Steam - Wraith Uncloak Speed Boost Cancelled by Lunge EDIT: Move This to PTB Page

GreenEggsNSpam
GreenEggsNSpam Member Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in Bug Reporting

If you are able, please move this post to the PTB bug reporting page. I apologize for posting it in the live bug reporting page; I was not aware there was a specialized page for the PTB. I think that, if there were a note of some kind on the live page stating that PTB bugs have their own page, that would be helpful to prevent situations like this. Below is the bug report in question.

When playing a game vs bots on the PTB on the new map (and subsequently on both other maps I've tried), I found that the Wraith's uncloak speed boost was cancelled if he lunges during it. If I lunge immediately after uncloaking, instead of getting a nice, long, speedy lunge like is the case with the current live version of the game, I just get a normal lunge, completely cancelling out my speed boost from uncloaking.

When testing, I was playing against a team of bots equipped with the perks Dead Hard, Off the Record, Unbreakable, and Decisive Strike, with no items or offerings. I was using only the perk Sloppy Butcher, and no add-ons or offerings. I tested this issue on Toba Landing, Ormond, and Gas Heaven--it does not seem that the map affects this bug occurring, and I doubt that perks, items, or add-ons affect it either. However, if the steps below fail to reproduce this glitch, please try again with these more specific parameters, such as vs bots, and on these maps, or with these perks/add-ons in play.

To reproduce:

1. Get into a game as Wraith.
  2. Uncloak while moving forward, noting that you are granted a burst of speed upon full decloak.
  3. Cloak again.
  4. Uncloak while moving forward, but this time lunge immediately once fully uncloaked.
  5. Observe that the normal burst of speed upon uncloaking is cancelled once you begin to lunge, resulting in very little distance gained.

In the match I played, this bug occurred quite consistently, every time I would attempt to lunge out of an uncloak.

Post edited by GreenEggsNSpam on
1 votes

Pending · Last Updated