The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sadako lullaby is unnescessary and the fact it trigger the visual hearbeat destroy her

Title,there's already a lot of stealthy killer and none of them has a lullaby,it's supposed to indicate that you're in range of the killer range attack,but sadako can teleport to her tvs from anywhere.

I would be fine with keeping it since most people don't even know it exist,but please make it so it doesnt trigger the visual heartbeat. it became impossible to catch off guard survivors that use this tool no matter how good or bad they are

Sadako is already hard on it's own and as someone who enjoy playing her in a stealthy/jumpscare type of way,the visual heartbeat make it impossible. Seriously I had survivors without any line of sight running away before I was even close to their gens

Comments

• StalkingYou
    StalkingYou Member Posts: 67

yeah it actually destroys her, she literally relies on getting the surprise hit, without it she has nothing

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,836
    edited May 2023

I still think the best solution is to just overall make the lullaby map wide whenever she's demanifested rather than outright removing it like a good number of people have suggested.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427
    edited May 2023

Yeah, some players suggest removing her lullaby entirely, but that would actually make her deceptively strong. It's not like Wraith where she has a lengthy/slow uncloak. She'd just show up, and get free hits. Constantly, with almost no counterplay since she's relatively quiet too.

The problem with giving her a global lullaby is that she'd curbstomp noobs even harder than she already does. Keep in mind she has pretty high killrate already. But, if she we keep her lullaby, her stealth remains worthless against decent survivors. It's a bit of a dilemma.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

Keep in mind she has pretty high killrate already. But, if she we keep her lullaby, her stealth remains worthless against decent survivors. It's a bit of a dilemma.

here is an idea. how about avoid balancing killers around survivors that play the game poorly? On the bright side, if Sadako kill-rate goes down, maybe BVHR will do something positive for killer.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,836
    edited May 2023

For me, it's more about the fact that her lullaby is something that fits thematically for her character overall, removing it feels like it would take away from that which i honestly don't want.

I still think giving her map wide lullaby is the right call or at least the better choice between removing it or keeping it, as for curbstomp noobs, you could maybe give it some restrictions as to when it shouldn't play (e.g. perhaps when Sadako is chasing someone or carrying someone.)

• MrMori
    edited May 2023

You can't ignore mediocre and bad survivors when balancing because they make up the majority of the playerbase. If a killer was obliterating newer players like there was no tomorrow, but sucked in high MMR, that killer should still be looked at. A good example is Freddy. Right now, he owns newer players. But is awful vs good players. If we just buff his numbers, he'll own newer players even harder. He needs big changes because of this, not just buffs. Some killers are just not very well designed.

• Devil_hit11

why? The stronger players cannot become worse players. the worse player can get better at the game. do you think it is ok for the killer to get forced losses because their kit is highly limited to balance out bad players? this kinda what your saying.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Because you need newer and less skilled players to stick around for the longevity of the game. Only cater to those with thousands of hours, and you'll steadily lose players as the ones you have naturally drift away and newer ones are turned off by the balancing.

Also, because the lesser skilled players are still players, and their fun matters as much as top players?

Which is why it's a sticky subject. You have to change Sadako in a way that works for both sets of players.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162
  • EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Lullaby is unnecessary.

Speed debuff while manifesting is unnecessary.

Short flickering time is unnecessary.

So huge TV cooldowns is unnecessary.

The ONLY killer whose items (tapes) are allowed to be carried with other items is unnecessary.

I still don't understand why devs hate (or fear) her so much. One said that it's because her win rate is off the charts. But in reality it's probably because no one casually play her, leaving One Pump Willie and bunch of other top tier players, which can do perfectly with other killers as well...

• MrMori

What I mean is you should buff aspects of the character that let good players express their skill, subtle improvements to chase, etc. Like adding the brown addons that buff the intermittent invis to Sadakos basekit. Newbies barely look at the killer, so weird mindgames that they help with won't make a difference. But good players would be able to take advantage of it. That's the ideal at least.

But the truth is, some killers are just noobstompers. Still a good idea to smooth out the problems they have at top level play, without buffing the things newer players struggle with (like stealth)

• Devil_hit11

killer becomes insufferable against strong survivors when balanced around low-medium level. Its that type of balancing that can make dbd not fun for killer.

you mean old newspaper and rekiro watch? Sure but any buff you give to killer makes killer stronger at low-level first before it buffs killer at high-level. currently ringing noise is lullaby and it is directional so those add-on are not that good if the player understand how to read volume noises. Its similar to spirit's phase-walk. you will only buff killer at low-level where people do not understand how to use volume while very top-level is unaffected. I think you need disable lullaby first before you could buff her chase.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

You're missing my point a little- it's a bad idea to pick one set of players to balance for, period. It doesn't matter which one you pick, there will be serious and unavoidable consequences for the other sets of players.

What you have to do is balance for all of them at once, which is especially relevant for Sadako. Personally speaking I'm not convinced the lullaby really is that important for lower tier players, but if it is, then she has to be balanced around that while also improving her against stronger survivors. That's simply how balance works.

• Devil_hit11

i don't think that is possible simultaneously. I think a character that is upscale up in power will always affect the weaker survivor players first before affects the stronger players.