Weskers infection

Options
Veroles
Veroles Member Posts: 868
edited May 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Not a day goes by that I don't see a Wesker, and the more times I face it, the more I come to the conclusion that many Wesker downs are simply due to full infection.

Not because of the one-shot possibility, but rather because of the movement reduction. I've had many situations where a wesker would return to the hook and the person unhooking it would slam into the person it was unhooking causing deep wounds. In many cases, it is an almost guaranteed tunnel that almost always works and is quite calculable.

Personally, I would wish that the time it takes to become fully infected during the chase would be significantly longer. In a lot of games it just feels absolutely ridiculous.

I have no problem with the whole infection myself, but when you don't even get a chance to cleanse yourself just because the killer chooses to tunnel that way, it just doesn't feel right to me.

Thanks for reading and have a good day :).

Comments

• WingerSenpai
    WingerSenpai Member Posts: 32
    Options

imo Wesker is just plain boring now. It's always the same old same old, randomly finds me, slams me, dashes like 30 meters with both his dashes, slows you to a crawl basically, have to bother with the stupid infection which is overloaded as hell.

Overall the killer is simply just overloaded. Look at the mechanics of Sadako, even is she is a pain sometimes due to her phasing she is still a more enjoyable match because she doesn't have a truck sized hitbox and a dump truck full of annoying mechanics.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    edited May 2023
    Options

The only thing I think is frustrating with Wesker is how you're half infected off hook. It leads to some hardcore tunneling. If you were still infected off hook, but you started at 0% infection and it built up from there it would make tunneling off hook far weaker while still keeping the infection relevant as a slowdown tool.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

That's not true at all with the first aid spray revealing your location with killer instinct, Wesker doesn't need that slowdown when he can literally move quickly across the map as it is. The reason why pigs bear traps dont help much is because she can't just dash right to the person doing the trap off their head as soon as its done with infinite reapplications from her power.

I think the main thing not helping how Wesker feels to play against is how laggy his interactions have been, rewinding you out of pallet stuns and windows forcing you to the location he "hit" you on his screen. It's been a lot worse this patch, and I'm pretty sure he has the highest kill rate in the game atm from the last time official stats were released.

I think it's obvious something needs done about him.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

It's not that obvious to me.

Maybe the bug should be fixed, sure. But Wesker is one of the most balanced killers in the game.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited May 2023
    Options

Something in this direction would be awsome.

Or it simply takes the double amount of time to be fully infected when you come from hook. To be honest, I probably wouldn't even mind about all this when I wouldn't see Wesker in nearly every second match.😅

I agree with that. Wesker itself is pretty balanced imo.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,729
    Options

my chase at base-kit is not good enough to not tunnel. BVHR gave wesker anti-loop only he tunnels. Basically to against sweat teams vs wesker, you have to run video conference device+red herb to beat high-level SWF's. Wesker infection is not slowdown tool. Its currently his only form of effective anti-loop. The slowdown will become even more ineffective after 6.7.0 is out as BVHR is nerfing Franklin Demise & allowing survivor to carry their item and hold a spray.

Problems with using his dashes at loops are following:

1) Movement speed when holding 2nd dash is too slow even with Loose Crank. Survivor can easily Line of sight block his dash giving zero opportunity to hit a survivor with perfect movement.

2) Holding 2nd dash at base-kit is 1 second too low.

3) Vaulting pallets is unrewarding. Pre-drop pallets is too effective vs Wesker because it kicks him out of his ability

4) Power recovery is too slow when 2 or less survivors are infected resulting in poor map mobility.

every single one of these items were feedback that I talked about in his PTB. only #1 was slightly changed but not changed enough.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    edited May 2023
    Options

I gotta disagree, strong wesker players can turn more loops dangerous than not. Especially when you bump into the loop to cover more distance with your second dash. I'm not sure how experienced you are with wesker, but he's very capable even against good survivors. He just requires a ton of practice, understanding collision, and knowing which loops his power can work at.

I agree that the cooldowns are long and that the power feels a little "clunky", but that's absolutely necesassary. If we buffed how fast he charged up his tentacle by a lot and drastically reduced cooldown of his power he would become way too oppressive.

Post edited by MrMori on
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,729
    Options

first of all, bouncing loops requires certain map layout to work and good survivor can play around it if they do not drop the pallet.

i don't think he can do anything against pre-dropping on safe pallet loops. the survivor can make back around loop because his dash requires to charge-up and his movement when charging his dash slows his movement speed down intially and he has movement speed reduction during his 2nd dash when rounding corners. If you try vault pallets, you get kicked out your ability and you suffer movement speed loss from going on cooldown. His anti-loop around pallet is not good enough. in fact I would argue it is downright ineffective.

from my experienced playing vs wesker as survivor, I rarely ever get hit by wesker in loops. I almost always get hit by his dash between loops and after I have been hit, I am more likely to go down to full infection on Wesker than his dash.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,146
    Options

I rarely see anyone actually reach full infection mid-chase. They either get away or they get downed before hitting the red.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited May 2023
    Options

When I play wesker I don't see infection mid-chase in any situation, survivors do cleanse quickly when I drop, and when I infect them I will just hit them before they reach full.

Hell, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see any infection even when I tunnel, like how the ######### you took.. what. 60 seconds? long to chase off injured survivor with wesker?

It's mostly only there just to stop survivors from ignore it and shrug off, or to capitalize it on certain situation, it's not anything too much.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 294
    Options

Wesker is a fun killer and well balanced, I just hate play against him every single match.

Also, is a killer that benefits with ping, he grabs you when clearly he don’t, they need to fix that.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

The thing with ping is that it's not an easy fix.

There's plenty of times I get hit as a survivor when I'm not near a vault window anymore, and there's plenty of times I miss a survivor while they're still sliding on the pallet.

Chances are, while he "clearly" didn't get you from your end, he probably did from his. The only true fix to it is local play.

Or advances in technology where playing on the internet is just as responsive as local play.