New maps have been added to the Mapping the Realm section! There is now a thread covering each map.

We greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time to share their feedback with us.

Killer nerfs/reworks

Luckyfer
Luckyfer Member Posts: 80
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Yea,no,I'm not going to shy away from the forums bullying and I will speak my mind,no matter how wrong you think I am..

The following killers are absolutely busted/broken/badly designed and in need of nerfs/reworks.

-Trickster

-Artist

-Blight

-Wesker

-Knight

-Skull Merchant

-Dredge

-Nurse(no surprise here).

-Plague

Most of these killer are extremly anti looping and all over the place in terms of ability,making them uninteractive and the only way to beat/win is to extend looping time and gen rush...fun right?

Meanwhile Trapper places traps,but if he was made in 2023 he'd have a lounge attack and be able to jump like Hulk...I think you get my point.

If not,my point is that the previously mentioned killers are badly designed because they are overloaded while BHVR tried to make them as simple as possible results in them making this amalgamation of abilities and secondary abilities that confuse the hell out of anyone,and in worst cases(Artist and Trickster)you can't even win or hope to win,if you get spotted,you say "Yep,time to die"...

The only solution is gen rushing,but...they'll just have a build full of 4 perks for proggresion...because the chases are covered,if they're semi decent they'll down and ignore most of the loops,some of them,Artist and Dredge have information gathering abilities or traveling the map,that nulifies the need for aura reading perks.

In case of Whiskers he even has a Pig like slowdown secondary ability to slowdown the game,his infection.

I'm considering increasing the gen timer in exchange for some of these secondary abilities beign removed...and not reworked,like removed,or nerfing these abilities.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 234

While I can agree that some reworks wouldn't hurt the game at this point, can you be a bit more specific on what these killers need? There are many ways to rework whats already there and much of it can do more harm than good. What exactly should be done to fix the issues you have presented here today?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,026

The only ones I agree with here (and I say agree VERY lightly) are Blight, Nurse, Trickster and Skull Merchant

The rest have some unfun aspects to them but are usually not the most optimal way of playing them (such as Dredge constantly using his ability at loops instead of spreading pressure to allow for an easier snowball during Nightfall)

A killer having 2 aspects to their power also isn't a bad thing, it adds more depth to the character and has more skill experession being able to juggle between both abilities (again, Dredge is a perfect example of utilizing the Remnant, and Teleport)

• Luckyfer

I hate him because of the teleportation thingy,which yea,best counterplay is to leave the pallet.

Usually the general way to rule if a killer is bad or not,if it's when they are using their powers either the survivors have to leave the pallet or get downed...

• Luckyfer

He also had a mass follower of haters...

And the only think I hate about him is his infection,he already has the lounge for travel and looping..

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
  • mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669

He might be able to bound twice sure but Blight has 5 rushes that also inflict the injured effect after the first one. Being infected really doesn't help him much with all the sprays scattered across the map. Half the time you can't even use his ability on loops.

• Luckyfer

Alright,yea,you're right,Whiskers is pretty balanced so far

• Fawiola
    Fawiola Member Posts: 88

Many killer need a rework or nerf but I think wesker is the most balanced killer in the game. I love to play against him. He is also the only killer I don't mind if he tunnel me. He just makes alot of fun.

• Luckyfer

Nvm,I had a game vs him.

He's busted AF,needs a nerf,maybe his ms to be 110.

Holy moly he's like Huntress with his charge/uncharge,you either take the charge or he simply closes the distance on you then M1,and looping him is dumb aswell,he'll just jump over the pallet and do exactly like I mentioned.

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 968

I feel like Wesker, Dredge and Plague are in the perfect spot. To me at least they feel pretty balanced, and fun to play both as and against. As for the rest, I more or less agree.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    edited June 2023

Spirit and Blight need only some addon nerfs.

Nurse is fine.

Wesker is fine. Maybe make it so infection progress stop during chase.

Artist is fine.

Plague is fine.

Skull merchant is fine.

Trickster needs buff.

Dredge, Knight need some addons partially basekit. But nothing major.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249

How to loop the following killers

Trickster: so trickster I wouldn’t say is op but inconsistent some loops that have tall walls are your best friend preserve pallets around them at all cost while the loops with short walls are more dangerous avoid them if possible and being in the open

Artists: when she uses her power to block a pallet then run to a new pallet or “hold w”

Blight: looping is your best friend avoid being in the open

Wesker: same as blight

Knight: same as artists

skull merchant: same as artists

dredge: same as artist (starting to see a pattern here)

nurse: the best is to be generally as unpredictable as possible so running around high walls then holding w when she’s in the stub animation and breaking site

plauge: lmao plague is trash if you’re really struggling against this killer than at this point it’s you who can’t loop

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,220
    edited June 2023

I just wanted to agree with you, but then I noticed u consider merchant fine? And knight just needing a little buff?

If you were talking strictly balance-wise, then maybe. But considering how those 2 plays and how interactive it all feels... Best would be to delete them, or at least nerf them so much nobody is willing to play them. Then they will be fine...

• DaddyMyers_Mori

I care mainly about balancing. I hate nerfs where only reason is someone doesn't like it.

I don't mind playing against Knight and Merchant.

I also really enjoy playing them (I like m1 killers overall).

Changes BHVR did to merchant were really good for both sides imo.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,220

I don't think it's "someone". Knight is in a much better possition, but talking about merchant I have hardly seen someone that likes going against her.

But talking strictly from balance perspective, I could agree w your accessment to the whole post u made before. Maybe talking wesker I would limit infection to not progress in chase only after unhook, but that's not a huge difference.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300

Disagree on trickster, if anything he needs a buff he is the 2nd killer with the lowest kill rates for how long almost 2/3 years? after nurse even though she is S tier. I wanna know why spirit was not on this list cause she still one of the most busted brainless no skill killer ever with no counter play but a give me a headache with that awful audio queue that do not help me sound. Wesker also is fine he literally is balanced he is a weaker blight/nurse imo

• DaddyMyers_Mori

"Likes going against her"

There is not really many killers I would say I like going against. Everyone likes Billy, but most killer are just category "I don't mind playing against them".

Category of "hate" is not really any killer, just some addon combinations are annoying. I hate Rusty Shackles Hag for sure.

Knight is in pretty good spot, but he needs addons. Good thing is that his best addons are yellow or brown, so you never run out of them...

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    edited June 2023

Yeah, with Wesker only issue is tunneling. When you are slowed, there is not much you can do about him. He is otherwise fun killer for both sides imo.

I don't really enjoy playing him, but I just prefer m1 killers.

I love when I make him vault window by dodging.