Wiggling

Options
killeriseasy
killeriseasy Member Posts: 145
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Anybody feel like the wiggle function is almost pointless? I've had a killer walk to a sabotaged hook, make mistakes while heading to another hook and still make it. I feel like under all those conditions a survivor should be able to wiggle off most of the time.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Saboteur is now a killer perk. Literally useless and takes up a perk spot.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Yeah. Unless the killer is console (and even then), the new wiggle mechanic does absolutely nothing. Going left and right to compensate is not rocket science.

Unless killer is trying to hook you on a hill and has some more distance to walk, sabo / taking hits will do nothing.

• killeriseasy
    Options

Yeah but in an event that a hook is sabotaged and the killer makes a mistake the you should be able to wiggle off. Wiggle perks rarely work as well

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Does hitting the great skillchecks even do anything?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,319
    Options

If you hit all great skillchecks for wiggling you can wiggle off like a full second faster than normal.

There is a reason we don't get much in the way of wiggle perks anymore and generally speaking even if someone sabos a hook for you if they don't actively do something else to impede the killer in most situations you're not getting off unless they screw up royally.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,750
    Options

I made an entire rant about Boil Over but I think it is applicable here.

Sometimes, as a player, you are at the mercy of hook RNG. As Killer, you can get complete deadzones where you literally cannot hook Survivors, meanwhile as Survivor, you have areas where hooks are 2-inches apart and you are bound to be hooked.

Hook RNG and map design needs to be looked at a bit, in my opinion.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

You can't be allowed to easily prevent the killer from scoring, wiggling is primarily there to prevent the killer from constantly getting you to the basement.

If hooking becomes more difficult than it was made during chains of hate, then which playstyle do you think more killers will start to adopt?

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685
    Options

I think it’s fine. Wiggling off should be rare. Just sucks when the bar is full and you still dont get off

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

>If you hit all great skillchecks for wiggling you can wiggle off like a full second faster than normal.

They removed that back in January when 6.5.0 dropped. Hitting the great skill checks now just makes it more difficult for the killer to walk in a straight line, sort of a built in weaker Boil Over.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,319
    Options

XD

Holy cow that's...even I think that's pretty bad why would they change it?

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Because that didn't make any real difference. With how the game is supposed to be played so they changed it to make it harder for the Killer to move.

• killeriseasy
    Options

There have been a few times where that extra second would have definitely gotten me off

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 281
    Options

Since they removed the shorter second by hitting great skill checks it feels bad. Hooks are too close to each other and the game prioritize the hook animation even when you have the bar full

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Doesn't do anything now, used to shave off a second of wiggling but they nerfed that and now I think wiggling makes killers sway 20% more

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,243
    Options

It feels often like it does nothing and also so strangely disconnected. No feedback.

I liked the original wiggle system much more. It felt as if you are wigling left and right - what you did.

The new doesn´t connect with the movement and action on screen at all. I wish you could use a and d instead of Space.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 559
    Options

Wiggling out of the killers grasp is not meant to be a common thing. It's simply a mechanic to stop killers from being greedy while also providing your teammates an opportunity to help you.

You already lost the chase or got blindsided by the killer. They won the battle so they should be rewarded, not punished for simply picking you up and playing the game the way they were intended to

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 690
    Options

Wiggling is not and never was, a way to escape froom Hook.

Its punishment for killers that would like to carry You whole game, are greedy im terms of scourge hooks or basement.

If wiggle out succeed its means something more happened, but those should be rare ocasions.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

You think they at least remove a few hooks since boil over and great wiggle skill checks are pointless now. God when you get a map like dead saloon that has like 7 or more close hooks on the street. But you see nothing makes sense in this game anymore. Cause iron grasp/agitation for idk what reason was not good enough(being sarcastic) Cause I remember a match where trapper carry from shack of cold wind shed(with no basement) all the way to basement of shed with iron grasp+agi lol.

Things like circle=could be countered by sloppy/nurses/shatter hope to say bye to the bone but ofc even when killers have things as survivors do, the survivors still must have their things butchered. Like for hook as if there is not broken killer item putrid oaks. Oh wait mad grit, a perk that stop a wiggling survivors bar pair up with agi to freely knock over other survivors while pausing the carry person

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I have never seen a post complaining about the backpack build until now. Weirdest thing I've read all week.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

whatever anything to justify and defend how pampered killer mains are yall had perks for easy hooking and complain when we had great wiggles/boil over buff so dont act as if you dont know what am talking about.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

Wait till you hear abt Buckle Up and Territorial Imperative complaints..

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited June 2023
    Options

You aren't meant to wiggle off at all, if you want that you are just understanding mechanics wrong.

Wiggle nerf wasn't even necessary and should be reverted.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,756
    Options

I think this change was super bad. Not only are you forced into the skillcheck wiggle system, with no option to still use left-right wiggling, but the great skill checks don't even wiggle enough to matter anymore. The beta Great check system shrunk super fast, and if you hit every single Great check it shaved off 1 second from 16s to 15s. This wasn't enough to stop the majority of hooks, but it felt so good to deny the distant basement/scourge hook greed. It was also small enough to feel fair on both ends. Rewarding+fair is super good design, and then they tossed it for no discernible reason.

Also I do agree that the hook RNG definitely can be attrocious. I once sabo-ed 2 hooks with a Sprint Burst in-between and the Killer still had time to reach the third hook in time. Other times there is only 1 viable hook because Basement is in the vicinity. They should get rid of the 3 hooks in 15m of each other, and also allow hooks to spawn near basement. It would also make a Basement hook more intentional or done with purpose, and not forced in a good number of scenarios.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well this is where perks like boiled over and flip flop comes into play I see so many people pull that crap off all the time but I never have any luck with it