We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How do you all feel about those Preschool maps?

Options
Witchubtet
Witchubtet Member Posts: 637

Personally? I hate them with a passion. It’s the same main building with different small buildings around it. It takes the things people hated about old Haddonfield and increases the annoyances. Also there are like 7 different ones, I rather have more varieties of other maps and than that knock off Freddy Map.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,104
    Options

Probably some of my least favorite maps, especially when there are frickin 5 of them

To this day I only remember the layout of the first one, and thats because I had 2 years to learn it before the other 4 came along

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 743
    Options

I just wonder why they removed some of the gen spawns. Like the solo gen in the one house -- it used to have another spawn at the top of the stairs. Main building also had two gen spawns removed in favor of the one at the bottom of the stairs by the mattress.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 637
    Options

They could take 3 of them and turn them into different maps

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

They need to pick one, make balance revisions to it, then delete the other 4.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 531
    Options

I didn't even realize there were five. I hate them all either way...

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

They are garbage and pure misery to play as killer

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 445
    Options

I don't understand why there is more than 1. BH-1 should be the only one available and they should make that one more balanced.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

i think the map alright if u never go in the school for any reason ever

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,018
    Options

Badham is horrible. All 5 of them. The pre school is disgusting, the house of pain will always have a special place in hell and the double store house is another great time waster. Also they have a shack because 3 super strong guaranteed loops, obviously aren't enough.

The bushes on that map make my brain hurt because I constantly get confronted with the fact that 6 ft 8, 200 lbs man with a chainsaw cannot go through them. Like, what are these bushes made of?

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 421
    Options

Will say, it's the only map realm where the killer has the option to keep the wall's up or break them. Every other map boil's down to needing the wall's to be broken because they only affect the killer, where badham's breakble wall's affect both sides. Being said there are still those breakble wall's that need breaking regardless, but it at least has some of them achieving the actual goal of altering how the map play's.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Every single time I load in the map as Killer, I feel like I'm one survivor playing against 4 Freddys.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Not a big fan of them, on either role.

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 576
    Options

Just delete them.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

Springwood Realm is awful, a pure garbage but still not bad as Shattered Square map

• Mastapalidin
    Mastapalidin Member Posts: 50
    Options

Dog water maps like 90% of the maps in this game LOL.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,813
    Options

One of my biggest gripes with the most recent maps, is that they're all one single map in a given realm.

This gives their respective offerings far more power, because there's no variation in the result of using them. Burning the Garden of Joy offering will always take you to a survivor sided map.

Badham is good for having multiple versions. However those different versions need to be changed, to provide greater variety between them, and introduce some of them being killer sided, and some of them being survivor sided.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

Every single building is a powerful loop, it's painful.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2023
    Options

One of the most survivor sided maps honestly.

• A strong main building surrounded by safe loops (cars).
    • 3 generators hard to patrol and defend without wasting a lot of time (the one in the basement of the main building, the one in house of pain and the one in the second floor of one house).
    • A shack in a map which doesn't need it (as someone mentioned above), please BHVR, remove the not written rule of every open map needing a shack, some maps are strong enough for not putting one of the most time wasting buildings in the game.
    • Safe loops near houses and their windows.
    • Easy to hide from the killer, is one of the maps in which I spend most time finding survivors if they are minimally cautious to no be seen.
    • Cluttered with bushes having hitbox, metal fences, etc making some killer powers hard to use.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,974
    Options

Badham I and V are pretty decent maps, the rest are rough for killer.

There's 5 versions because each version has the main structures moved around (and sometimes has a different shape in the case of IV and V). It doesn't make the map more likely to appear, since map selection is done by realm first.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,870
    Options

Each of them have only chance of 3, each of Macmillan map has chance of 10. It better to have many variation of Badham. Im sure no one wants when you get into Badham, its guarantee a single version like Garden of Joy, Eyrie or Saloon.

Doesnt change the fact its a pain, but at least its not boring by having 1 map.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,420
    Options

i think all versions of badham are terrible. these days, there are so bad maps for killers it is hard to know which maps suck more to play on.

There is garden of joy which is probably worst killer map in the game. Badham which I would put as second worst killer map then there is long list of farm maps like fracture cowshed, rancid abatoir, rotten field that are tough to play. After that, there is shattered square. Mother dwelling is another crazy map to play on. that is at least 8 miserable maps to play on as killer if the survivor is good and what crazy is that other maps are not that far behind in unfun factor like Eyrie of crows and Haddonfield windows.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Options

hate em, dont know why theres 5 of them too

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,046
    Options

Obnoxious layouts, boring aesthetics, bad visibility, based on a modern movie remake no one cares about anymore.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,349
    Options

They all look the same to me lol there is one that feels so small compared to the others but I'm not sure if it actually is small or the other half of the map is hiding behind a building and I've just never seen it

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

Bad maps, I don't have much else to say. I can stomach them more than garden of joy but that isn't saying much.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,248
    Options

Horrible map. And we have 5 of them. Rework it and make it just one map or delete the maps, thank you.