We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Blindness Status Effect Buff

Options

The idea would be to add that blindness affects the survivor HUD when applied. As it stands blindness is a mediocre effect and I think that applying it to the HUD would bring it up on par with the rest of the status effects in terms of usefulness.

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,312
    edited June 2023
    Options

Blindness does need some changes but this is not a good idea. Allowing it to hide the survivor HUD goes against the entire point of the HUD as it was meant to help bring solo and SWF closer together in strength and this would just separate them again. The current version of Blindness already has that problem to a certain extent and adding this would just make it even worse.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

My own thought is more actual blindness. Like a reduction in FOV or a black border effect like when you're hit by Knock Out.

• averagemikaelamain
    averagemikaelamain Member Posts: 277
    Options

You're missing the point of the survivor HUD. Discord SWF has the same info baseline. By removing it with blindness you only hit solo queue. This shouldnt be affected by anything. As far as the game balance is concerned,that info is always there.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,040
    Options

Am with the others on that one; this would defeat the entire point of the HUD.

Though I'm also with you: blindness probably needs some changes. Ever since the status effects are more than gimmicks (with the exception of exposed which has always been a serious one) blindness is the only gimmick-y one left.

I like the direction of the idea @Zeidoktor put forward. The knockout effect would also be rather easy to implement, I imagine.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Yeah something alongside Knock Out/Dredge's darkness could work.

But going from the HUD idea, maybe it could also hide the progress bars for yourself? Although, again, that would mostly affect soloq :/

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

It's a mediocre effect until you realize it affects survivor auras

It can be very powerful if you're slugging only because the survivors don't know where each other are, even in SWF it can cause confusion and frustration on comms

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

I kinda miss the deafness effect knock out gave tho tbh, idk why they removed it or at least kept it as an option to have :(

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 560
    Options

I believe when used in moderation or as a side-effect to what your doing, then yes it's pretty mediocre. However, if you actually make a genuine build and playstyle around it, then it can devastating to most survivors.

Remember that it blocks not just survivors from seeing their own auras, but also the killers as well if they have the perks for which they often do. Combine it perks or add-ons that make survivors oblivious, and they will have absolutely no idea what's happening.

Even a sfw will still have no idea where the killer is