We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Lesbian flag and "more to come"

Options
2»

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,176
    Options

So you actually agree there should be more diverse LGBTQ+ representation in media after all, because you agree that the current representation isn’t actually representative. Great that we could clear that up, didnt seem like it in your first post at all.

What do political and religious ideologies even have in common with LGBTQ+ representation?

• Mooks
    Options

LGBTQ+ people existing is not a political ideology. Sorry but this is only showing something about you.

and disabled survivors are represented. Ash is an amputee, Renato is autistic, there are multiple survivors with glasses, Yui is cross-eyed. I agree they could do more in this regard though.

video games are media and especially this one has had backstories for their characters from the very beginning.

• Mooks
    Options

Not everyone was happy and heterosexuality was shoved down everyone’s throat, but go on.

i never said religious people shouldn’t be represented. I am saying it is different compared to LGBTQ+ representation and BHVR has stated they do not want to include any kind of modern religion which is fair enough as it is their game and they are not excluding any religion over another.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited June 2023
    Options

I tried DMing this morning to get this discussion closed because it's obviously getting out of hand but I don't think they saw it yet, sorry for the multiple tags I have no idea who's active right now but this should definitely get closed.

Edit: I've been made aware tagging mods is against forum rules, sorry about that, it's the weekend and I don't even think any of you are active. I'm trying to delete the tags but my phone won't let me for some odd reason, I'll try to do it on my computer later (sorry in advance if I forget or decide to log off for the weekend) sorry again (and double sorry to Rizzo i don't even know why i tagged you twice)

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Annso_x
    Options

Julie and Frank are literally dating. Heterosexuality has been in the game forever, go complain about christians and conservatives not being represented enough elsewhere and stop spamming my notifications, thank you.

• Mooks
    Options

Yes really. There is a Ms. Pac-Man after all. Mario and Peach. The Sims come to mind where I am pretty sure homosexuality was kinda restricted. Many story games almost always having a straight couple.

i never denied that religious people don’t have to suffer. And I never claimed I personally have to suffer. That has nothing to do with anything though

• Mooks
    edited June 2023
    Options

Sorry for kinda contributing to derailing the thread. Hope you understand I am not trying to do so with bad intentions.

also, don’t directly Tag devs (Peanits, Mandy) as that’s against forum rules and they are not directly moderating the forums to begin with.

best way would be to flag your thread as if you report it and mention in the message what you want - that way you can contact active mods

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,228
    edited June 2023
    Options

"Video games were better when I could use them to forget gay people existed"

• Annso_x
    Options

I don't blame you it's okay, I have a hard time not replying to every bigot person showing up every couple hours to argue about representation as if my og post wasn't just about a charm.

Also thanks for the tip, I always forget the little flags are here. I also just realized it's the weekend so it shouldn't be surprising mods aren't active. Ig I'll just bite my tongue until Monday haha

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,228
    edited June 2023
    Options

Straight relationships have existed in video games for decades, you just didn't really notice it because it was 'normal'. Why are straight relationships fine but if it's an LGBT character or relationship suddenly it's a problem and 'political'

• KenwanObinobi
    KenwanObinobi Member Posts: 185
    Options

In which multiplayer games ?

Counter-Strike ?

Hunt Showdown ?

L4D ?

Evolve ?

Quake ?

Halo ?

I will wait a long time before you answer this i guess 😂

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,464
    Options

@Annso_x no worries, closed as requested. As mentioned earlier, just flag the thread and request your thread to be closed, and any of us that are about will see the report and handle it asap for ya (and a reminder to everyone to be mindful about pinging the dev role such as Peanits and Mandy per the rule regarding it <3)

I've said it before, and I'll happily say it again because it bears repeating, always: A Person's Identity is just that, their identity. It is NOT a political matter and it is NOT a sexual matter. The addition of the Flags into the game are optional and for those that wish use them (I personally use the progress/pride birb charm all year in solidarity... and Pride Birb is adorable and I love seeing it on my hooks or survivor).

If you don't feel you need representation, that's ok. But representation, *fair, honest, well-written, caring and respectful* representation matters in media; from printed press to video games. And its ok to feel it doesn't pertain to you because it might not, but it's never ok to meet respectful representation of communities or people with vitriol and hate. Ever.

At the end of the day, please remember: We are all human beings, and Empathy isn't just a perk <3

This discussion has been closed.