They are reversing the Pyramid Head change

Options

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Well his cages can't be changed for short time period. So it's smarter to revert this change for now. I actually liked changes.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 6,880
    Options

Unfortunate that it's being shelved entirely, at least for now, but if they didn't have time to implement the necessary safeguards against camping/tunnelling, it's the right call.

Hopefully they revisit this idea later on down the line.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

At least the developers listened to our concerns regarding it tbh.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,778
    Options

Pyramid Head needs a power adjustment if they want his M2 power to inflict torment, because cages already ignore a lot defense survivors have against tunneling and are really only kept in check by the killer being unable to chain cages back to back on a survivor.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

They could leave it and set that the cages work like normal hooks (bt basekit and so on).

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    Options

Tho I'm really sad he not getting any love this patch I do think this was the right call. Maybe in the next mid chapter or later he not only get slight power rework to allow this basekit change but also a much needed add on pass as well. We can only hope.

• Dumbtecher
    Dumbtecher Member Posts: 19
    Options

Let's be honest, reverting that basekit buff was the move. PH very obviously didn't need that buff, he's fine basekit and sits in a very good spot compared to the rest of the killer roster. Don't know what bhvr was thinking.. I'm assuming they were too lazy to rework most of his addons and instead decided to take the easy route until they received everyones concerns? Show some love to his addons and PH gets left alone after. MANY other weaker killers that need buffs instead

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,083
    Options

Good. Behavior has been doing much better recently.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,477
    Options

It was better with being an addon not basekit... but if they tried it out now they can learn the pros and cons of it so when it does come time to make it they can adjust the numbers and give a condition to it's use

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,979
    edited June 2023
    Options

It would have been even worse if they un-nerfed his ass then reverted the change because people said he was too “intimidating” now. Honestly, nothing wrong with a bit of cake.

• Slurpin
    Slurpin Member Posts: 98
    Options

I agree with all the above, it could be the effect of his goblet instead. Smart to remove it from base kit. Hope he gets some new stuff though, poor triangle man is gathering dust! (he's a good killer, but could use an addon makeover at least!)

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

MOTHER OF-

UNCAGING REMOVES TORMENT FROM 2 SURVIVORS ALREADY

THIS FLUFFING BALANCE TEAM HOLY-

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 637
    Options

I Hope this means they’ll look at his add-ons instead. Since most of them are top tier garbage including his Iridescents.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 694
    Options

I don't understand what they mean (reverse)

Can someone explain to me?

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,144
    Options

The Pyramid Head change was just for the PTB. After testing, it was determined it would not go live at this time.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,778
    Options

And if the PTB changes went live, PH could instantly torment both survivors at the cage. It wasn't balanced with how his power currently works.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

It should replace one of his iri addons. His add ons are trash. Having it be one of his iris would be fine

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,791
    Options

Well done on making the right decision to reverse it.

It looks like they may revisit this idea in future to increase the chances of torment, but perhaps look at another less oppressive way of doing so. If they find a way it will be fun to try out in future.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Why not they leave this a basekit feature of his kit but like allow survivors to rid themselves of torment? That seems balanced.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

The PTB version definitely needed changes - though I don't know enough about Phead to make a call on what the change means during "normal gameplay" aka during a regular chase that started with an uninjured, untormented survivor and didn't suffer sth like exposed. The tunneling potential was just off the charts. - That being said, I would've hoped for cages simply working like regular hooks when it comes to (un)hooking related perks and mechanics. Maybe, to discourage tunneling a Phead a torment immunity for x time after being uncaged. That seems like it would've done the trick.

• BlueRose
    Options

My only disappointment is the fact that this even made it to a PTB to begin with. Dev team should have seen the problems with this basekit change would have caused without having to test it in the PTB. Now PH players get absolutely nothing this patch and honestly it feels bad. Hopefully y'all make a addon pass for poor triangle man a priority to make up for this patch since that's the area he needs the most help. The only good addons on him are the range addons it be nice to have more fun options to play with.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Good, it would have been way too oppressive for sweaty players. Kind of a bummer I'll never get to try it out though.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

They could of still done it but make it if a survivor is mid unhook/uncage are immune to torment or have something like BT but a immunity to gaining torment after said unhook/uncage. Torment is easy to avoid as survivor as long as they pay attention

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

Amen to that as if there wasnt already enough tunnelheads around.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 474
    Options

His power is camping and tunneling, so no thanks. He is meant to be a hook state obliterator, that's his design.

• BlueRose
    Options

Completely agree but that type of change may take longer than the allotted time they have till the chapter release. This why I said the devs should been more aware of the impact this type of change would had without a change to cages. I don't think they really needed a PTB to figure out that out and now PH gets absolutely nothing this patch.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 4,955
    Options

Probably a good decision. I'd much rather see him get an addon rework anyway.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,225
    Options

I think this was the right decision. The change would've given pyramid head too much power. The fact he can already avoid hooks if a survivor has torment is pretty powerful. Survivors have to be careful in his current state to simply not get the torment debuff. If he were able to apply it at random then all he would need to do is proximity camp hooks which would likely discourage save attempts.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,784
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well, I think this kind of sucks, but I totally get the concerns about play with it around the hook.

It never made sense to me that Punishment of the Damned doesn't apply torment, so I hope this is something they revisit with a more nuanced approach.

Maybe in the meantime they can do something about his dumpster fire add on set.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 914
    edited June 2023
    Options

I like that they reversed it, not only because of his tunneling power, but mostly because making that a base-kit feature would have made the add-ons that affect his Torment Trails (the majority of his add-ons, that is) even more useless than they already are. What's the point of bringing add-ons that improve his trail if their main function is also fulfiled by his other, much better ability? Another reason to just bring his range add-ons and forget most of the rest. Just change his weak add-ons, perhaps replace one of them with a new one that makes his punishment inflict torment, but don't make that base-kit.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,186
    Options

BHVR needs to make his M2 power have a larger base-kit range, or an add-on pass won't do anything. BHVR could make an add-on that allows Pyramid Head to float in the air, and vomit barbed wire projectiles.... and I'll still pick double M2 range add-ons, because his M2 base-kit range is just that awful.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It's a good thing considering it's nearly impossible to avoid POTD at times.

He really needs his addons looked at first before he receives any base kit changes. Most of his addons are pure dumpster tier and need adjustments.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 3,958
    Options

I'd rather a killer have a solid basekit and garbage tier add-ons, personally.

I think there's something to be said for rewarding PH by blocking saves and saving a ton of time on hooking, it's just that the anti-DS mechanisms that were introduced as an appetiser for his cages have since turned to tunnel-boosters.

The cage should just count as a hook and it'd probably be pretty much fixed.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

To me the simplest ways to fix the change might have been

1. Cages get basekit BT, even if other hook perks and effects don't apply

2. Torment can not be applied to Survivors with the Endurance effect, protecting the rescued Survivor from simply being re-Tormented as soon as they were free.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 914
    Options

While his base-kit Punishment range is indeed quite short, I believe an eventual buff to it would have to come at the same time as a full add-on pass that actually gave him other good add-ons, since the ones that increase his range are the only that let you actually feel a difference while playing (beside his ultra-rares... but even then, one of them is situational and the other one is only useful for having an insidious-like effect while camping). If they became base-kit as PH is today, then it would barely make a difference to play him with or without add-ons.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 1,932
    Options

DBD loses the SH license because of this heresy

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 995
    Options

Survivors get buffs, Pyramid Head gets shelved.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Good, that change may only be good as an iri add on. What he really needs is full add on pass, his power is in a good spot