We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why should I leave if I already won?

Options

picture this, I down a survivor and right after that, I down another one because he was trying to flashlight save, I hook them both right next each other thanks to the great hook rng (sarcasm), why should I leave and look for the other two, no, you lost, because of the rng, just gg and go next. With the upcoming anti camp system I just hope they change the hook spawns.

Comments

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

Interestingly, it is not the camping that makes it a viable strategy but knowing how altruistic survivors are. Half of the team is unavailable. The other half will definitely go for the save. So, in reality, you look for them if you stay and patrol the vicinity.

However, if you actively look for them and hurt / down a 3rd one the other 2 can escape as the team is still in disarray.

Meaning, you can ask yourself the question: shouldn't I allow them this small victory and continue? If you know you can win isn't winning with more BP better?

I'll give you an example: If I manage to do 2 hooks and down a 3rd survivor I never go and look for the 4th one. I allow this person to do the save. You said yourself: "I have already won." But I want an exciting match and I want to earn more BP.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 248
    Options

What if you are playing against a strong team that made a blunder and you won't win?

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,653
    Options

There absolutely no reason to leave when two survivors are hook near each other

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,037
    Options

Just don't complain when the other two walk right in your face and everyone proceeds to take chances on hook.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Next update will teleport killers to a “time-out chair” in the corner of the map, unable to move for 60 seconds after hooking a survivor 🙄

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options
  • TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,389
    Options

I did the same at the beginning, but now i dont need bloodpoints anymore.

Sometimes i still use it bc i want to practice with the killerior the build. But if i just want to do chases, i can still let one die and have more time for chases.

But on the other hand i want to know which situations will give me a win. Which is the smartest play, what can survivor do against it. For example as a survivor i use deliverance and saved some camping situations.

Some killer just dont want to get bmed after that, its probably sucks more if you gave them a chance.

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

So you assumed OP was a camper? Interesting... I thought he was looking for an opinion as it isn't something he regularly does...

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

I put "GG" in the endgame chat? I'm fine with playing good players. Bully squads are what I don't like.

• I_am_Negan
    Options

If you know you can win isn't winning with more BP better?

But I want an exciting match and I want to earn more BP.

My comment was for your post not OP.

Campers don't care for the bloods points or exciting match just the win.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

Depends on how many gens are left i suppose? Why shouldn't i leave if they ######### up at the start and there's 4 or even 5 gens left?

I queued to play, not to stand in-between two hooks waiting

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 4,999
    Options

Funny enough, same

I've literally had the survivors dead to rights in this kind of situation in the basement and I've just waltzed my way to the other side of the map to let the survivors "reset" themselves.

Now OP, don't get me wrong, I 100% don't expect people to do that, nor would I expect you to do that as the killer if I'm a survivor in your game. But egg here said exactly why I do leave in that situation rather than securing what would likely be a pretty GGEZ for me as the killer.

• Thralfazuz
    Thralfazuz Member Posts: 165
    Options

it's not camping, as I said if I hook two survivors next to each other because of the bad hook spawn there it would be stupid to leave I can just patrol the hooks and wait until two of them are dead find the third one and maybe the forth surv finds the hatch, sometimes it happens that survivors fuk up and the game ends quick, I'm given the advantage by the game itself but if they add anti camping system without tinkering the hook placement is punishing the killer for playing smart.

• I_am_Negan
    Options

Five posts up buddy. My comment wasn't in response to your post.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

There are games where I prefer unhooks to happen quicker. If you wait sixty seconds, then chase, then down someone, that potentially takes forty to fifty seconds longer for the next hook than just leaving for a new chase.

If I’m losing badly and that scenario plays out, I probably proxy camp.

So basically my decision making is based on number of gens remaining.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 371
    edited June 2023
    Options

Would Survivor willingly let you hook them or leave gens undone?

No?

Then why should you make it easier for them?

Edit: Spelling

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,984
    Options

This is what I like to call a 0 sum situation, where killer has reached a tie situation, and they can either take the 0 sum and move on, or risk it and double down (which is rarely worth it without support)