No comment about the map in the dev update?

Options

The new map seems pretty universally disliked for a multitude of reasons. I find it odd that this wasn't even mentioned in the dev update.

Can we expect any changes to the map before the chapter is released? If not, what is the rationale?

Comments

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 545
    Options

I haven't kept up with this chapter at all whats not liked about the new map?

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,123
    Options

Way too much visual clutter. New killer was horrible to use on that map.

Not sure about the gameplay aspect... couldn't see 😛

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

oh great another map with random ######### everywhere. Going to be super fun for killers. Can’t wait to see how many invisible obstructions I run into with Billy or Bubba 🙄

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 545
    Options

I mean I always thought the aesthetic was hideous (Same for every map we've gotten after Midwich tbh) and tbh I like the idea of more clutter and moving to a more stealth based gameplay but the sound issues definitely seem like someone wasn't thinking it through lol. Thanks for letting me know

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,191
    Options

Part of the issue with more clutter was that it really messed up scratchmarks. Some of the ground clutter (low to the ground clutter) seemed like scratchmarks couldn’t appear on them, so if a survivor ran through a bunch of ground clutter, you might not get an actual scratch mark trail.

And more clutter means that if you don’t get a proper scratch mark trail, that it’s super awful to track survivors, because survivors are constantly out of the killer’s line of sight, so the killer really needs to use scratch marks to follow the survivors.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Some people complain about it being busy visually. Other people say while it is small it’s gonna be tough to find stealthing survivors.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,306
    Options

I really hope they made some changes to it and just forgot to mention it in the dev update because trying to focus on that map was nearly impossible. It was pretty much unplayable for me on the PTB. I couldn’t track anyone (following scratchmarks was extremely difficult and there’s way too much clutter) and the colors were way too overpowering and made the map too difficult to focus on. Running loops properly was difficult on both sides because of all the clutter, sometimes I would totally miss a gap between a loop and a piece of clutter that I could go through because it all blended together way too much especially with the colors. I’m not colorblind btw.

• LeFreezy
    LeFreezy Member Posts: 228
    Options

That sucks tbh

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Why would there be?

It's the same cycle as it has been since at least RPD. The map is visually a work of art but is absolutely miserable to play on as Killer.

In 8-18 months they'll rework it and make it even worse with introducing infinites or add even more random clutter to make sure Bubba and Billy won't even press M2 once during the entire match.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,002
    Options

At least RPD didn't leave people nauseous. If they don't change anything about this map I won't play on it.

Sorry BHVR, but my health is more important to me than my opponent's or teammates' fun.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 657
    Options

To add in to colorblind, I am colorblind. Protonopia specifically. The color of the scratch marks is the exact same shade as the floor, so I dont see scratch marks on that map. Itll be the only map I will ever DC on as Killer. I genuinely cannot play on that map. I mentioned it in feedback, but so far looks like BHVR is just gonna ignore it like they tend to do.