We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

JAWS chapter or an expansion to The Evil Dead chapter?

Options
Nerf_Dweet
Nerf_Dweet Member Posts: 11

So, do you think JAWS could work? If so, please share your ideas.

Or, would you rather have more Evil Dead? I'm thinking of Poor, Sweet, Henrietta. With the Knowby Cabin as a map.

JAWS chapter or an expansion to The Evil Dead chapter? 9 votes

JAWS, it could work!
22%
GuiltiiOrangeBear 2 votes
Evil Dead with Poor, Sweet Henrietta
77%
Mat_SellaF60_31BasementDwellerIWasLeft2DieSmoeBarnesFlamCorvusCorax86 7 votes

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,461
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'd rather have The Kandarian Demon as the Killer than Henrietta.

• Nerf_Dweet
    Nerf_Dweet Member Posts: 11
    Options

True, but how would that work? You know, you have no body and whatnot.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,140
    edited June 2023
    Options

Jaws could work as a paragraph kind of thing with a map, survivor and cosmetic collection. Maybe a shark head for Huntress, if we ever get power cosmetics, shark based traps for Trapper, etc.

edit: not to forget Shark costume for Clown!!!

(it baffles me how BHVR hasn’t hired me yet)

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

If they had Jaws Captwin Quint would need to be the survivor. I think a survivor only chapter like that would work well.

For Evil Dead od love evil ash as the killer and the graveyard be the map

• Smoe
    edited June 2023
    Options

Simple.

You fly around on the map and possess Survivors to turn them into deadites for a limited time, which would be who you control as the physical killer to hook the other Survivors with, i don't know what power a possessed Survivor would have if they should have any.

Survivors would then have some type of gameplay mechanic that they can use to return back to normal while possessed, similar to how Ash is able to return to normal in ED2, of course what the mechanic is and how fast it can help turn Survivors back can be adjusted and balanced so it's not too easy and fast nor too hard and slow.

Last Survivor could be allowed to be eliminated by either self-hooking or self-mori when possessed.

You could also include the necronomicon which could function similar to the lament configuration, where it's a one time use that helps either the Survivors or the Killer depending on who finds it first. Once it's been used, it will fly to a new location on the map without anyone being able to see it's aura.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

That would never work as if you’re possessing a survivor you’re already taking one out of rotation without having to hook them.

• Smoe
    edited June 2023
    Options

I would agree with you if the possession duration was permanent, however since the possession duration would only be for a limited time, i don't see any issue with it as long as you can give the player who's Survivor got possessed some kind of mini game for them to do while possessed that would help them or their teammates in some way or form.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

And all the killer has to do is fly around and find a survivor to possess?

• Smoe
    edited June 2023
    Options

The gist of it is basically that yes.

Granted, it is mostly a rough idea with borrowed elements from the Demon Gameplay in Evil Dead: The Game, you could probably add more elements to it to make it more engaging when polishing it, but at it's core, i do believe a power concept such as possession could work in dbd yes.