Ghost Face and Myers

Options
i_dont_care223
i_dont_care223 Member Posts: 121
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

so one thing thats always on my mind when im playing against these 2 is that no one knows if Myers or GF stalked to 99% so im genuinely wondering should Survivors get a notification when they are 99 or would that be too much information what do y'all think?

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,270
    Options

Myers already had a warning sound that would play when he was close to tiering up. This was removed a few months after his release.

Ghost Face also had a similar mechanic, but it never made it past PTB

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

Idea: Reintroduce that sound if he's using an iri (Infinite T3 or instakills)

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 964
    Options

The only consistent use-case I can imagine for this is to prevent a 99 instadown after the Killer stalked the Survivor from a distance and then got close using their stealth which would have otherwise been negated with the Exposed state from a full stalk.

However I don’t think it’s good to punish stalking from a distance as it fits the character archetype extremely well.

I don’t think 99%ing and then waiting till in range to pop it is good design. But I can’t think of a method at the moment to address it that isn’t cumbersome or a straight nerf.

Probably would have to rework the stalking mechanics to have different effect based on if in chase or not.

EG: Fully stalking a Survivor while not in chase reveals their Aura for 40s. Stalk is cleared on entering/exiting chase. Fully stalking a Survivor in chase Exposes them for 60s.

• Shroompy
    Options

This would be cool

But also I thought of an idea of giving Myers the ability to stalk during T3, doing this would reveal anyone within his TR with Killer Instinct and also play the warning sound to anyone revealed this way

Out of all of the "power up" killers, Myers has by far the weakest ability. Giving him information would not only a unique thing for power ups, but it would also still fit his character and bring him more in line with the rest of the cast

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

So please introduce the sound when it comes to all killers and their ultra add-ons?

Also when survivors start with BNPs?

This is a very bad idea.

• Shroompy
    Options

How is it a bad idea??

A sound to know theyre about to get obliterated will still end up with them being obliterated

Also you can usually tell VERY easily if a Myers is using 1 of these of both add ons

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options
  • Shroompy
    edited June 2023
    Options

To give feedback to Survivors

Spirit barely changed in terms of viability when she was nerfed. All that really changed is Survivors received a bit more feedback, and suddenly the complaints stopped.

EDIT: To add onto this, we can also use Hag. Rusty Shackles is probably her most disliked add on, yet it makes her weaker than basekit when used in chase since you dont get the camera flick. The Survivor was going to get hit anyway, Rusty Shackles wouldnt of made a difference, but the feedback of knowing that its about to happen is what makes all the difference

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

Honestly would be better to just remove them so that Myers' balance isn't based around them anymore.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

i don't think those killers need a nerf :)

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 208
    Options

I don't think there should be for gf as if you get stalked it is, to an extent, a fault of your own. Myers on the other hand would be more fair as a common complaint when facing him is the feeling that you're losing because of teamates feeding his power and dying out of the blue from it however he's already quite weak and this would be a significant nerf, in a world where he's stronger I wouldn't comaplin about a change like this however.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 882
    Options

If GF was a strong killer i could accept that, but right now you just cant nerf GF its weak enought.

Also that the point of stealth and stalk, you dont know how long you have been stalked.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

That should only be a thing on myers if he’s using infinite or tombstone

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

No, none of these weak Killers need to be nerfed.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,918
    Options

If you know Myers has been in tier 2 for some time and he's coming your way, it's common sense to assume he's 99'd or close to it.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

We shouldn't give BVHR any ideas, though. Remember that Billy nerfs out of the left field?