If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

There is no problem with 3 gen, only with Skully

Options
fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,127

And it's sad that you're trying to solve the problem of one killer by pretending that it's a common problem.

Yes, 3 gening was a problem before you nerfed to oblivious all the perks that made this situation a problem.

After that, I didn't even meet any killer who would try to play from the triangle, except Skully, of course. Or at the end of the game, when the survivors put themselves in this situation. And as a killer, i don't play 3 gen at all, because against good survivors it's dead strategy, unless there are REALLY close to each other gens (it's def another maps design problem, not a game's) and you are on a really good killer, or, again, survivors left it.

Even if the killer chooses 3 generators from the start, since when is this a problem? Especially today, in time of genrush meta? Trapper and Hag play 3 gen probably is only viable strategy to them, so now they are out of law? Or u guys really think i should go and walk around as killer without mobility on Borgo, Ormond, Mothers Dwelling? Lol, good luck with it

– We have boosted toolboxes with bnp to help myself with 3 gen, but sorry, i'm only know how to use it with first gen i see in a match.

– We have eyes, ears and visual terror to gain distance and not give the killer free hits if he is guarding the triangle, but sorry, why should I worry about some strategy on my part if I just came to hold m1 button?

– We have 2-3 Prove Thyself every match and 1 million genrush perks in lobby, but sorry, i don't have place for it, i run two exhaustion, i heard dh back in the meta again. Yeah, one more time.

You guys really need to decide what you are leading the game to and who your main audience is. If your audience is players who come to press one button and chill after work and then complain "killers are op", then yes, this is a good change.

If you want your players to make some effort and play the game thoughtfully, constantly train their skills, then you went in the wrong direction.

Comments

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    Options

With a lot of these things, I think it's a wait and see type deal.

Who knows, regression could be buffable again if some of there's "anti 3-gen" measures put into the game that make it so that they wouldn't enable stalling the game forever.

Also I don't agree with you on trapper and hag, yes, they lock down part of the map, but they usually don't win just by regressing gens infinitely. They win through survivor mistakes in your web that result in multiple downs e.g. when trying to save. If it were about regressing gens forever, then yeah, that would be bad and needs to go imo.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

They will never rebuff anything. This is the same argument that gets floated when people say "they can do X and Y and then low tier killers can be buffed!"

It simply won't happen. Any three gen "solution" they come up with will hurt lower tier killers the most. Just like how low tier killers aren't allowed to gain pressure by securing hook stages anymore.

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    Options

They just re-buffed pop a bit, along with them having buffed a lot of regression perks last year and those generic buffs.

And weaker killers shouldn't depend on perks to fix themselves anyways. Their basekits and maps need to be evaluated instead.

>Just like how low tier killers aren't allowed to gain pressure by securing hook stages anymore.

The anti-camp mechanic won't apply if you're just opportunistically securing stages

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

But, they are also updating Skully. The three gens is just an additional change. I don't see the problem.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

Nobody wins just by regressing gens infinitely after regression nerf, good morning.

To build their web they need to find 3 gen, otherwise there is no sense in web because survivors have no objectives in there.

And i don't even want to wait for this "deal", because it's stupid idea from the start.

Let's help the survivors with the situation in which they put themselves in 90% of cases by their own mistake and has a counterplay due to the fact that we have no idea how to rework a single killer without changing his ability completely. (c) bhvr

In other words: I have a splinter in my finger, apparently, this is a reason to cut off my whole hand?

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

It's mostly merchant problem, but not just her. It's also map problem. Saloon has terrible 3gen while red forest has none. Maps should be geared more towards coal-tower-like 3gen.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    Options
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

if your trying solve problem through maps then you would want to look at backwater swamp-type generator where they spawn in the corner of the map. that fixes 3 gens. it's ok solution but can be difficult to implement in different map layouts. Some of the maps are balanced around 3 gens due to their size and shape. I found the comment about changing swamp but also wants to change 3 gens to be counter-productive. its map issue but i think the issue is not a problem as long survivor's have greater generator progression as the 4 then the killer has over-time regression as the 1. Changing 3 gens is like changing Killer tunneling. Just leave it alone.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 448
    Options

This game is a mess currently. The most effective chance of winning is creating dead zones and trying for dear life to hold a 3 gen.

You can have hex builds but it's like a roll of a dice. I had more fun as killer when dh and coh was meta.

Trying to adjust your whole game around the mistake which was SM.

If I had never played killer before and began to now I would uninstall.

• 3V1L_BR1CKz
    3V1L_BR1CKz Member Posts: 1
    Options

Sometimes it feels like they took the nebulous concept of the survivor rulebook for killers and are now trying to hard code it into the game.

I can't think of any system survivors couldn't exploit to punish a killer that doesn't require rule text that reads like a legal document.

Imagine how counterintuitive this stuff is for new players.