If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Singularity - Power Addition Concept

Options

Introduce Gestation Pods

Firing a biopod at the ground creates a Gestation pod.

Over 30s Gestation pods grow in size. During which, collision with Survivors will cause the Gestation pod to pop.

After 30s Gestation pods gain collision, being able to block survivors.

Sprinting Survivors that collide with fully grown Gestation Pods will also pop the Gestation Pod, but cause the Survivor to become Slipstreamed and Hindered.

Survivors also have a prompt to Tear Apart a Gestation Pod if they are not sprinting, preventing themselves from becoming Slipstreamed or Hindered when it pops.

Hux can teleport to fully grown Gestation Pods, gaining Overclock upon emerging.

EMP’ed Gestation Pods cannot be teleported to.

I’d also suggest Biopods no longer apply the Slipstreamed effect, instead revealing Survivors Auras for a duration.

The end result is that The Singularity has part of their Power that they can utilize with the obscuring nature of all the additional tiles and clutter, and synergies with the map information provided by their biopods, in addition to having a unique loop hazard that requires pre planning.

Comments

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

Perfect for camping e.g. basement (but basically every staircase). No I don't like this one bit.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    Options
  • Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    edited June 2023
    Options

I create pod on one side of stairs and wait at the other. All stairs are already very narrow so if I am able to create any object in the way, then they are 100% fully blocking with no way around them. This makes it easy to down rescued survivor during his borrowed time. No thanks. It doesn't sound healthy. Especially if killer can create multiple of those (so I need whole team go for a single rescue and each of them has to have another EMP, because killer can click once?)

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    Options

Hmm? They’re only “solid” if the Survivor is walking, and it has been 30s. If the Survivor is Sprinting it “pops” when the Survivor collides with its hitbox, removing it but slipstreaming and hindering the Survivor. They can circumvent this by performing the interaction. If it has been less than 30s the Pod will “pop” upon any survivor touching it, through the action or hitbox, neither hindering or applying slipstream.

When I say “pop” I mean dissolve, instantly. Survivors are able to literally sprint through them without being slowed by collision (just the applied hinder status when a fully gestated pod “pops” by sprinting through it).