If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Resolution Changed Randomly

Options
granpasnoopy
granpasnoopy Member Posts: 6

I was playing a match as Steve, against Ghostface, on an Autohaven Wreckers map. Got about 1/2 way through the match when randomly my game window shrunk to about 1/4 my screen size, pinned to the corner. I finished the match this way because alt-tabbing and going in and out of full screen didn’t change it. After the match, before getting back to lobby, my game crashed but unfortunately I closed that window and reopened my game. Once I reopened, my game was SUPER crisp(more crisp than before) but dropping a lot of frames. Was there a change to resolution settings in the recent update? I have tried my hardware and graphics driver settings, in game resolution settings, etc but it won’t go back to how it looked or ran before, which was a tad fuzzy because I’m playing on a 4k display but I didn’t mind that.

24 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Thank you for the reports, we are investigating this issue

Comments

• Levitika
    Levitika Member Posts: 215
    Options

I also had this problem! I suddenly have massive frame drops now, please address this BHVR!

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,177
    Options

Happened to me as well.

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 273
    Options

Happened to me last night. It looked like the game was playing at 100% resolution but in a tiny window. Toggling fullscreen in the game settings didnt fix it.

• Levitika
    Levitika Member Posts: 215
    Options

An update: The only way to regain my frames is literally turning the game's quality down to the absolute lowest settings. This is some hot BS.

• Jhei
    Jhei Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2023
    Options

My wife and I are both having this issue, with the resolution randomly changing mid-match for no reason. We're on controller so it's not like we're hitting some kind of weird keyboard combination or anything. It also happened when we weren't even pressing anything, just standing still. What the heck is going on with this?!

Update, my game just dropped to 1 fps in main lobby and then crashed. Here's the error message:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000020

nvwgf2umx {0x0000000000000000} + 1863259 bytes

nvwgf2umx {0x0000000000000000} + 22410783 bytes

nvwgf2umx {0x0000000000000000} + 22410623 bytes

nvwgf2umx {0x0000000000000000} + 22365229 bytes

nvwgf2umx {0x0000000000000000} + 5717674 bytes

nvwgf2umx {0x0000000000000000} + 31097390 bytes

kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 95764 bytes

ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 337569 bytes

• Organisedmess
    Organisedmess Member Posts: 3
    Options

This happened to me as the Onryo on Father Campbells Chapel. I play on a 4K monitor and the game was about 2/3s the size it should be. I didn't experience dropped frames however I did have higher than normal ping, and in the post game lobby after the match ended I received a "Dedicated Server not responding" error which closed the match & endgame chat. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing if all players received this error or if it was just on my end. My game never crashed to desktop but closing and relaunching the game seemed to fix my issue.

• Jhei
    Options

I turned off fullscreen and used Alt + Enter to make the screen borderless fullscreen and haven't had issues since so I wonder if it might be related to the fullscreen setting, or perhaps an interaction between the patch and the new Steam update?

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 481
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issue - was playing a match as The Singularity on Ormond, alt-tabbed out whilst I was waiting for the survivors to leave, tabbed back in and noticed my game was also 1/4 of the size in the corner of my screen and couldn't get it back fullscreen. Restarted the game and ever since I've had the exact same resolution bug where everything is incredibly high quality, almost like all the textures are in 8K.

I too play on a 4K monitor and previously played at 125% resolution (modified in GameUserSettings) on Ultra at 120fps with zero issues, however since my resolution has bugged I now have to play at 65% resolution instead. Now, playing at 100% resolution with the same settings tanks my FPS down to between 60-70 in the lobby alone.

I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting all DBD associated files, updating drivers and nothing has fixed it so far.

I run a RTX 3080 with a Ryzen 9 5950X, if that's helpful information.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Same thing on my end as a Trickster on Lery's. Hoping this information helps find the bug

• HatiK2
    HatiK2 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same thing happened to me, was playing survivor on Coal Tower. Then suddenly mid-game the resolution changed and took up a quarter of my screen and after reopening the game had serious lags fixed only by switching to the lowest settings. Rebooting the pc and updating graphic drivers didn't help.

• Jhei
    Options

I have to run at the lowest setting with auto adjust because anything higher tanks my FPS, and although my rig isn't the best in the world (GTX 1080 Ti, Ryzen 7 2700X , 32gb RAM, running on solid state drive), it was more than enough to run this game at ultra settings before this patch no problem.

• BougieBlackChick
    BougieBlackChick Member Posts: 316
    Options

Add me to the list

• Jhei
    edited June 2023
    Options

Considering almost everyone has mentioned hitting Alt + Tab or something along the lines, I'm wondering if there's a conflict between the new Steam update and the patch. I'm pretty sure at some point I checked my achievements around the time this started happening.

Post edited by Jhei on
  • ProHillbillyMain
    ProHillbillyMain Member Posts: 131
    Options

This happened to me aswell, guys do any of you have a 4k monitor running with 150% scale?

If you were using 4k and 150% scale, the game was starting at 2k resolution, now it forces you to native 4k.

So if you want the crispyness away you have to sadly set the resolution by yourself to 2k now.

also same thing happened to me with the small window.

• bang_tube
    bang_tube Member Posts: 1
    Options

I was able to get one round in after the update with the game running optimally. Been playing with graphic settings to find a work around without lowering quality but still nothing.

• ProHillbillyMain
    Options

Which resolution and scale on your apps are you using on your desktop?

• mhspy
    mhspy Member Posts: 4
    Options

Ever since patch 7.0.0 (7.0.1 still the same issue) came out this has been happening to me via Geforce now. please fix always happens when playing so literally I play one game this happens during the game and exit game as it is way too distracting. This can't be happening for the Anniversary event...please fix before that's released! PLEASE!

• dihnw
    dihnw Member Posts: 6
    Options

I can confirm this exact behaviour - it happens both in EPIC and Steam version under Geforcenow and has not been fixed by 7.0.1

• ProHillbillyMain
    Options

Which resolution and scale on your apps are you using on your desktop?

• dihnw
    Options

I am using 4k (3840x2160) in Geforcenow on a Mac with a display of the same native resolution. In-game graphics settings of "16:9 Aspect Ratio" is off. This worked fine prior to 7.0.0. Do you think different setting might be a workaround?

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Just happened to me as well.

I'm on PC - Epic, playing killer (Singularity) on the new map

• dihnw
    Options

Ok, it works fine at HD. Thx for the workaround until it is fixed.

• granpasnoopy
    granpasnoopy Member Posts: 6
    Options

This happened to me too :/ I used to run on Ultra graphics and now I have to play on lowest, and still am losing around 10FPS in the average game when it used to run super smoothly.

• OuijaBored666
    OuijaBored666 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Same thing happened to me I have reported it because I thought it was a bug but it was marked as not a bug and it said it was a "technical issue" even if I restart the game and change the graphics around I don't get above 50 FPS and after a single game I have to restart the game again otherwise I won't get above 15 FPS

• XximpostorxX
    XximpostorxX Member Posts: 20
    Options

Same Issue here, game randomly resized to windowed mode that couldn't be switched back to full screen. Restarted the game and now I get 20ish fps and lagging/stuttering in game where I used to be at 60fps with no stuttering.

• OuijaBored666
    Options

It's not even in the known issues in the patch notes or anything I kid of wonder if this isn't an intended thing to punish the players who uncapped their FPS

• ssrjazz
    ssrjazz Member Posts: 71
    Options

I'm having a similar issue with similar hardware. GPU usage is WAY higher like the game isn't capped at 1080p anymore as far as resolution. Something hasn't been normal with the last 2-3 builds.

• LayDee
    LayDee Member Posts: 6
    Options

Same

• Acrivec
    Acrivec Member Posts: 1
    Options

No reply from BHVR? This game is unplayable at this moment.

• dihnw
    Options

It says on top off the thread: "Acknowledged · Last Updated June 20

Thank you for the reports, we are investigating this issue" - Is this from BHVR?

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 481
    Options

Are there any updates regarding this? It still remains an issue over a month later

• dihnw
    Options

I no longer experienced this issue playing in 7.1.0 today. Thank you, BHVR!

• OuijaBored666
    Options

still not getting above 30 FPS in games starting to get sad game still looks exactly like it does on ps5 and is super crisp I am going to cry XD

• pounaki
    pounaki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

If anyone is still having this issue, I resolved it by going to the game properties in Steam, then adding "-resx=1920 -resy=1080" (without quotation marks) to the Launch Options. Make sure to put your display's resolution.