If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Some ways to fix EMPS

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Just dropping my ideas/suggestions for a way to fix EMPS.

- If a survivor fully charges an EMP and a Biopod or infected survivor isn't detected within 3 seconds, the EMP will disintegrate. When an EMP is disintegrated, survivors would have to grab a new EMP.

- Accelerating printing causes the Oblivious status effect.

- Once an EMP is done printing automatically, survivors will have to open the EMP chest (Would take 3-4 seconds). Opening an EMP chest and leaving the EMP inside will cause the chest to close after a certain amount of time. If a chest closes, survivors would have to reopen it. (So similar to Wesker and Nemesis's healing spray/vaccine chests)

Comments

• blackfoxx_x
    blackfoxx_x Member Posts: 68
    Options

I don't think they should be able to be used while running. To my knowledge, you can't use any item while moving besides maps. Either survivors are slowed when they begin to activate the EMP, or they have to stand still for a moment. This would make using them mid-chase much riskier since the killer can close the distance in the interim.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,009
    edited June 2023
    Options

Either:

A) Survivors can no longer use the EMP while running, they are forced to walk while using it, so it can no longer be used in a chase, this might make the killer's chase ability too strong though and might need further tweaks and i think is probably not the right answer, but its an easy option.

B) Change the box to the following:

• Box automatically charges in 90 seconds
    • Survivors can speed this up by 2.5x (down from 4x) for a total time of 36 seconds from a completely empty box.
    • Box now charges automatically up to 75% (down from 100%)
    • Survivors see the auras of the boxes even if they aren't done printing, boxes that are at 75% are highlighted in yellow instead.

This makes it so they are no longer automatically available and survivors need to work a box to collect one. The last 25% takes 9 seconds for a survivor to do. So in order to collect an EMP, the fastest they can is by spending 9 seconds working the box.

It makes it so they can't just grab one mid chase, but they can stay being "OP" in the sense that they are really strong against him, just harder to get. And it gives him some built in map pressure similar to Wesker where survivors now have to spend time not on gens in order to avoid his power, or they can ignore it and power through the gens, giving them a choice on what to do and creating more opportunities for strategies.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Good idea, but Oblivious would be a risk every survivor would take.

Also, if you could only use the weapon while standing still that would be better.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

There's a DBD Twitter post stating there will be further changes to the EMPs. I don't have the link.

Cases reduced to 4, printing time increased to 100 seconds, while charging the EMP you slow yourself by 10%. Bio-pods stun time reduced to 45 seconds. Can't remember if there's were other changes.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,760
    Options

All they needed to do was make it so the EMPs will only self print to ~80%. The biggest issue with them is just being able to grab them mid chase along with the smaller of the two issues, the availability. Basically gutting grabbing them mid chase will also slightly nerf availability because you do have to wait to print the rest by yourself.