Playing survivor today

Beverly
Beverly Member Posts: 184
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Y i k e s
Playing survivor today has been like rubbing my face against a cheese grater. Anyone else? In my first game, my entire team disconnected after 3 people got downed at the same time by a leatherface 30 seconds in. In my second game, we get slugged by the same leatherface. It's a strategy and it works really well, but it's so painful to sit there and do nothing. In my third game I brought party streamers as some incentive to get my team/the killer to play a little nicer (Dumb, I know). A Kate leads Michael around the entire map directly to us and teabags and nods while he chases us. He gets ahold of a dwight, and she sandbags him three times and gets him killed. My salt levels are off the chart right now, so I just decided to take a break lol. What do people get out of making games a miserable experience for everyone? I thought people played to have fun?

Post edited by Beverly on

Comments

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Killers are really the “GameMasters” of Dead By Daylight. They not only have a crucial role in the entire game (being one side vs the other), but they also control the fun of a match.
     Whether they play as a “cold killer”- with “perfect perks” and no mercy (same goes for survivors), or if they perhaps “role play” their actions- letting a survivor go early in a chase, or perhaps performing certain actions without haste; Subtle things like these can make ANY game fun. 
    When I suffer problems such as yours. As survivor, you have to take your losses with grace- you are a survivor after all, and “not fun” games may occur. As killer, the same applies. I get “just business” survivors most times, who don’t appreciate a “fun” or “exciting” match.
      All I can say is: if you want to play DbD, go for it. Have FUN. But if you need to take a break (such as myself for 4 months), don’t let it get to you. 
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Survivor the last 2 days has been a real hoe on console too.
  • ConeyHunt
    ConeyHunt Member Posts: 1

I played 6 games as a survivor two days ago, and in every one of those games I had at least one teammate DC after being downed once or being hooked once. It really sucked the fun out of it.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    i tried to play today and leatherface camped with insidious while people were on the hook.  enough fun for one day.
  • Fre_Shavacado0
    Fre_Shavacado0 Member Posts: 106

the end of your post about a kate leading michael to you was so relatable, a few weeks back i played a match as a survivor and i’m doing a gen in the corner of a map in the very beginning of the game, and i see a Nea crouching up and down really fast and running and waiting, this ~maniac~ led him right to my gen, where he downed me shortly after because she allowed him to level up, and then hooked me of course, which was followed by the immediate unhooking of Nea and rehooking until i died not even 10 minutes into the match, then i spectated as the duo did it to the remaining 2 survivors. i was pretty salty but he ended up killing Nea in the end as well, reported both of them even though that won’t do anything. sorry for long story lol your post just reminded me.

• TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    I've been noticing suriviors have been playing like it's free to play weekend lately lol. Maybe it's cause of rank reset. I've stuck with being a swf to rank up then I'll be able to solo.
  • Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

Thanks for your responses, guys. I made sure to report my sore teammates and trolls that I encountered. It won't do much I can imagine, but it's something. I believe that a sour community is one of the bigger problems based on what I have seen and what others have to say. With all due respect, I really hope they crack down more on toxic/nasty behavior.

• Psylocker101
    Psylocker101 Member Posts: 18

I haven't played in a while before like 3-4 days ago, and one of my 1st matches I accidentally dropped a pallet in front of a survivor ( we where both chased by the killer ) and then body blocked him by accident cuz I panicked, and ran in front of him to escape the killer ( killer was left of me he was right of me ). I felt so sad SO SAD ( I actually died 1st because I tried to rescue him as part of my redemption and killer got me ), whats worse is that I tried to stay to say I am sorry but I had to leave 2 mins after I died and he didn't accept my friend req ( go figure ) T_T

• Psylocker101
    Psylocker101 Member Posts: 18

@Fre_Shavacado0 said:
    the end of your post about a kate leading michael to you was so relatable, a few weeks back i played a match as a survivor and i’m doing a gen in the corner of a map in the very beginning of the game, and i see a Nea crouching up and down really fast and running and waiting, this ~maniac~ led him right to my gen, where he downed me shortly after because she allowed him to level up, and then hooked me of course, which was followed by the immediate unhooking of Nea and rehooking until i died not even 10 minutes into the match, then i spectated as the duo did it to the remaining 2 survivors. i was pretty salty but he ended up killing Nea in the end as well, reported both of them even though that won’t do anything. sorry for long story lol your post just reminded me.

I had a similar experience, some people... BUT I also one time accidentally ran by a survivor doing gen while being chased by a killer I had my camera facing the killer I turn around and I stumble on a survivor and she gets downed. But I agai die 1st so xD In their eyes justice was served

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

so true. the past 3 days (not including today) i can't pip cuz all the killers have been tunnelling camping or even worse insidious camping, and my teammates don't seem to know how to dodge a leatherface chainsaw, or how to disarm a trap. FeelsBadMan.

• bevdog67
    bevdog67 Member Posts: 57
    I wish instead of offering incentives not to camp they would make camping not a viable strategy.