I think that the changes that are coming for the singularity will not be enough.

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

After 1 day of its launch, I think it is the killer that is played the least, at least with the knight and the skull merchant it was played more days, but the singularity has stopped being seen after its 1 day of launch, with this I want say and after having played it for 2 days, it is very frustrating to play it because of the EMPs, but I still think that after the changes that are coming this week (I remember):

• Disabling of cameras: 60s to 45s
  • Supply boxes: 5 to 4.
  • Charging time (use): 2 to 2.5s
  • Slowdown while charging EMPs: 10%
  • Printing time: 90 to 100s

They are small changes that I still don't know how they will affect it so that it is not so frustrating and that its power can be used at least. I believe that these changes will not be enough and that they probably have to do more. What do you think?

Adding another small change so you can at least have more infected survivors:

• Reduce the cooldown time after "shot" with a camera.
  • The more survivors are infected the stun penalty is reduced by 2,5% when you are overclocked (base)

I think infecting survivors takes time and effort and right now you are not compensated for infecting 2 survivors, since EMPs are a strong tool to remove infection, after the changes it may be reduced a bit, but it will still be very difficult to maintain some infected survivors. The previous change mentioned will help him a bit as if he infects enough survivors his power will grow. This change also implies that since the EMPs act on a large area and also implies eliminating several infections, it implies that the players play more as a team.

• Adjust stun reduction addons while overclocked to compensate for the previous change.
Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,924
    edited June 2023
    Options

Obviously they're not going to make sweeping changes so soon, but I agree that these changes won't actually change anything. The biggest thing is the slowdown while charging, so survivors can't reliably use them in a chase, which is a bonus. But this won't fundamentally change how they're used, which is to hold onto an EMP until you need to use it, typically as you're being marked by an active biopod. This will still be possible, and will still result in the killers power 'whiffing' the very moment they try to use it, just like old Dead Hard.

This either obliterates the power when used in a 'setup' manner, or it means those who use the power in chase have to use it twice every time, which is just unnecessary hassle when the power could have been made to be balanced to have the same effect when used once.

EMPs need to be made significantly more scarce (such as not reprinting until used), and/or they need to come with a downside (such as killer instinct when used).

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

This killer currently has a hidden passive like many other killers, in case you didn't know:

The more infected survivors you get an extra 1s to overclock, but the thing is... if the EMPs are that strong and I think after the changes they will still be a strong tool, that's what I think.

On the other hand, since Freddy Krueger gets stronger the more Survivors are asleep (reduces his TP cd) why not reduce some parameters to the singularity the more Survivors are infected? Since keeping a survivor infected with the state of EMPs is very difficult.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

The killer was never feasible in "setup" mode. After the changes, the chase version will be very strong. Not counting 1st chase where EMP's are ready, you will get 0-1 EMP's per chase. Considering good singularity can infect people in 3s and then gun them thru like whole map, this change is already too much. But it needs time - so that "setup singularities" disappear.

Then the killer will be oppresive

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,924
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes I realise it's a setup power that isn't a setup power. Unfortunately using the power in chase isn't feasible on controller, so we have another Nurse situation. He'll have an abysmal overall kill rate, but those who devote themselves to him (on PC) will make the top 5% MMR a nightmare.

False advertising and I wish I could refund the chapter. He seemed to be everything Skull Merchant was supposed to be, and PTB impressions matched up. Lo and behold it finally comes out for controller and ends up being unplayable.