We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

I hate the requirements of this event. anyone else?

LowrenceVonQersrick
LowrenceVonQersrick Member Posts: 34
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

There was one anniversary where you just had to do certain things while playing and then you had to save your progress in a glyph or something and you would get a cosmetic item regardless of the outcome of the game. It was great, I had a great time! great anniversary!

This anniversary is not like that, apparently the developers decided that you need to work, not celebrate, and now getting an item involves escaping from the trail.

Playing normally as a killer makes me feel like an ######### all the time. Because it's obvious that the survivors want to get these great masks. But it's my job not to let that happen. My job now is to be the biggest ######### possible who will deny them their reward. And that's not fun.

Playing survivors isn't very fun either, because if there's a reward involved, it's frustrating to lose.

Of course, sooner or later I will collect them, but I certainly don't want to play as an killer during this event. I don't understand this requirement change at all. Such changes take all the fun out of this holiday.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Yeaaaa I’ve felt bad killing survivors during the event. I’ve tried to keep it to 10 hook games, and letting 2 go. (Unless they want to be toxic).

I want everybody to get their rewards and BP, and it’s much easier in the killer role.

• kit_mason
    kit_mason Member Posts: 270

Honestly I'm surprised they dropped the formula from Haunted by Daylight - the one where hooks or gen progress filled a bar that you could slot into a glyph for progress. It made people do gens very explicitly.

Whilst you only need to open an exit gate, it still feels awful losing a mask, especially given how much of the late-game centers around holding gates at 99% until you can guarantee an out.

As killer, I'm going to go for 8 hook games the entire event, which I'm fine with if it means people get to enjoy their masks just that little bit faster.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,424

I mean, I'm just 2 hooking everyone.

• Göch
    Göch Member Posts: 113

I played 6 hours of Surv yesterday and got a total of 5! masks. If you dont have much time i guess you're just forced to play killer to get them since you're 100% guaranteed to get one per match as long as you pick up an invitation.