Randomized Perks not Working Survivor - PC Steam

Options
AtoTimber
AtoTimber Member Posts: 84
edited June 2023 in Bug Reporting

EDIT: A temporary fix is to turn on Anonymous mode

The randomized perks tome was not working for me! It said I had randomized perks (i could not change my perks, the tome was active) but I would load in with my normal perk build, but in the end game screen it showed what it randomly picked. Possibly it is because I switched characters while loading into a lobby, but I'm not sure if thats the reason. I did not have time to restart my game and play another match, but I did try disabling and re-enabling the challenge, and it did the same effect on a second game.

Post edited by AtoTimber on
28 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• SickyScotty
    SickyScotty Member Posts: 13
    Options

Same thing happened to me on Xbox Series X, and I did not switch my character while loading. The challenge can't be completed.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Same thing happens with the killer variant, its impossible to complete the challenge

• Kiffi
    Kiffi Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2023
    Options

+1

Edit:

I think I kind of "fixed" it?!

I didn't select any perks, then accepted and deselected the challenge several times. After that I had one round without any perks, in the next round I suddenly had randomly selected perks. Maybe this will help you too!

Post edited by Kiffi on
  • LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,065
    Options

I just swapped the character then went back to the char I wanted to use and it randomised my perks. Tbh in the first match with this challenge I had my normal perk loadout.

I was surprised to get an ok loadout too: Tenacity, SB, Self Aware and Resurgence

• MrSheep51
    MrSheep51 Member Posts: 89
    Options

worked for one game where I didn't complete it then after that not worked since

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I heard that removing your perks beforehand might make it work

• kris0017
    kris0017 Member Posts: 8
    Options

[survivor] Tried for several matches, tried many options: didn't remove perks before selecting challenge, removed perks before selecting challenge, selected,/deselected challenge...

In some games I had my previous loadout; when I removed all my perks, I always played with 0 perks, but in some matches in the result screen I had random perks "applied" (they were not visible during the match).

It's so annoying :(

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

It occurs on both sides. I'm doing it with killer and my build remains the same (the question marks were visible) but in the endgame chat I could see a different assortment of perks. Currently, the remedy is to switch to another killer.

• zeemgeem
    zeemgeem Member Posts: 34
    Options

This happened to me on killer too. Can't wait for the fix 2 weeks after the event is over.

• KniQ
    KniQ Member Posts: 45
    Options

I have this problem both sides survivor and killer

• AdrianoLimaRJ
    AdrianoLimaRJ Member Posts: 8
    Options

I'm literally stuck on the challenges because of this bug. Come on Behaviour....

• keroblossom
    keroblossom Member Posts: 1
    Options

I tried enabling/disabling the challenge, removed my perks beforehand, and switched characters in the lobby, but none of that worked for me.

My friends (on Steam and Switch respectively) did not run into the issue at all and managed to do the challenge. I also noticed that both friends did not have the list of perks in the top right corner, which started appearing on my survivor/killer lobby UI since the Mid-Chapter (6.7.0) patch.

I had to ask my Steam friend to log into my account to do the challenge, and they managed to do so without any issue.

• IncapableOfSex
    IncapableOfSex Member Posts: 25
    Options

I tried without perks didn't work but end game chat showed i had perks :|, it would be cool if BHVR would fix before the event ended, also tried with perks and i had this in end game chat so i think not only is not changing perks survivors see something different

• IrregularZ
    IrregularZ Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

I think this is the problem! My friends don't have this and their perks got randomized. How can I turn off survivor lobby UI?

Edit: I don't know what happened, but somehow the game just randomized the perks and I was able to do it.

Post edited by IrregularZ on
  • kris0017
    kris0017 Member Posts: 8
    Options

OMG, TY! I turned ON anonymous mode, that perks on the right got hidden and I was able to do the archive.

• Aabz
    Aabz Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2023
    Options

I got same problem

try anonymous mode

It works for me and I dont know why 🙃

Post edited by Aabz on
  • cr0ydon
    cr0ydon Member Posts: 5
    Options

Anonymous mode is the solution! Thanks!

It is still buggy with anonymous mode, like in one match I actually get randomized perks, in the second match I play perkless, but in both cases I got finally progress for the challenge, after 10 attempts or so. Super annoying.

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 342
    Options

I think this is happening because I've noticed that sometimes it will say no challenge has been selected even though it has been. I always check and go back to the tome then back to the loadout and check if it's active when it says that and they should all work.

• CoopaMan
    CoopaMan Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have this same issue for killer and survivor. I'm going to try what other people said about having no perks on, and I'll update you on if it works or not.

After the game: I went into the game without any perks on (the randomized perks did not apply)

But I've heard the second game should work, so I'll try that and update it.

After the second game with no perks selected before selecting the challenge: Still did not work. I also selected a different character and then went back, but still nothing.

This challenge is impossible.

• CoopaMan
    CoopaMan Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

Okay, so I used anonymous mode, and it worked on the first game!

After 20+ games it finally worked, thank you to whoever discovered this :)

• BeyondDisbelief
    BeyondDisbelief Member Posts: 69
    Options

Confirmed workaround from Reddit: Enable "Anonymous Mode" from the settings and it will work 100% of the time.

Don't ask me why and what does this option have to do with anything. (I can only imagine it must have something to do with server-side player data syncs)

The detectives at Reddit found out that none of his friends had this issue and the only commonality was that they had anonymous mode.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Same thing just happened to me while doing the killer challenge version.

• bunthos
    bunthos Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

Also having this issue.

Playing on Windows PC. Worked correctly for survivors. Played killer (3 times on doctor) and it did not work. My selected perks were kept and progress was not counted.

Will try using anonymous mode next

EDIT: Anonymous mode fixed the issue. I've no idea whether this is a temporary or permanent fix.

• escalate
    escalate Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2023
    Options

I had the same problem as surv and killer but was still able to complete the challenge without random perks. Its somehow broken

Post edited by escalate on
  • AtoTimber
    Options

omg this! I turned on anonymous and it worked bcuz it got rid of the perks on the right side!! I still don't know why this UI change exists and why only some people have it though ?? None of my friends have it

• SixShotOcelot
    SixShotOcelot Member Posts: 121
    Options

Are there multiple "random perk" tome challenges? If so, is this issue specific to a particular challenge or all random perk challenges?

• BugReporterOnly
    Options

This is also a console issue. On the Switch page 2 challenge had my current loadout but once the game was over it showed me what my perks should have been. I use anonymous mode. Switching survivors seemed to help but still had it bug out. What happened is I got random perks stunned the killer once then next game that happened. Switching helped but it gave me one of my current loadouts and I was so confused but it did count another stun I managed and did show it in the end game screen.

• Dannystarship
    Dannystarship Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

Having the same issue plus the anonymous trick mentioned above does not work for me. Tried reaching out through in-game reporting but the support technician stopped helping once I sent my logs. Should I not have sent it?

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Select any 1 of 4 (Remix) Twisted Masquerade Challenges in the Event Tome

Step 3 : Play as either survivor or killer in a public matches

Step 4 : In-game, randomized perks not assigned

Additional information

• Characters Played: Feng Min, Kate Denson, the Ghost Face & the Onryo
    • Perks played: Selected Challenge many different times with perk loadouts empty and with personally selected perks
    • Map: Does not work on any map
    • Frequency of the issue: Restarted the game multiple times, de-selected and selected the challenge numerous times, played in multiple games toggling challenge activation, and selected only one of the survivor/killer remix challenges to be active at a time

H

Flag

Post edited by Dannystarship on
  • Quink
    Quink Member Posts: 53
    Options

Anonymous did nothing at all. Nothing works.... Whenever you start getting a little faith in BHVR they manage to screw up something so simple like a challenge. Totally useless and i now know why they are the laughingstock of the dev world.... Can't wait for a fix 2 weeks after the event is over.. muppets....

• SkylarPup
    SkylarPup Member Posts: 104
    Options

I tried many ways to get this to work and it isn't working. Can we please have this challenge disabled or changed? I tried going into Anonymous mode, changing characters, restarting the game etc...

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I've tried all the tips and have had no success. Switching characters in the pre-lobby and lobby screen. Turning the archive challenge on and off. Anonymous mode. None of it worked for the survivor challenge "A Stunning Display (Remix)."

I would rather this challenge never existed.

• carkpop
    carkpop Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Literally made an account just for this. I'd love to finish my Event tome, but I literally can't because of this. Is there any word on the progress of this bug? My friends are easily able to do it, but myself, with the perks displayed in the lobby menu, can't get it to work. I've tried everything mentioned here.

(Which is really ironic, because I do randomizer builds all the time on 3rd party sites. But now when I need to, I can't... Such a shame)

• ohtofusimp
    ohtofusimp Member Posts: 10
    Options

Anonymous mode did not help me, the challenge is still bugged.

• BugReporterOnly
    edited July 2023
    Options

If you load in with your loadout still try and do the challenge as I had a stun count even with my loadout showing. I managed to get both sides done while buggy through a bit of trial and error.

• AtoTimber
    Options

yeah I've still not received any feedback about this bug so I don't know... maybe try enabling all of the privacy/streamer mode settings? And make sure you're on a character with 4 perk spots unlocked

• Djeladu
    Djeladu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options
  • Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options
  • Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Devs send it to a guy from fivver, he might fix it.

• YuGiOhJCJ2
    YuGiOhJCJ2 Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2023
    Options

I confirm the bug. If you select a challenge with 4 randomly assigned perks (like "Enemies Closer (REMIX)" in Tome 17), you will see 4x "?" in your loadout but if you play you will see that you have your previous loadout that is not at all random, it is fixed, always the same perks.

However, there is an easy workaround. Before selecting the challenge, go to your loadout and remove all your perks from your loadout. Now, select the challenge. If you play, you will see that you have random perks and you will be able to complete the challenge.

Note: You don't need to turn on the anonymous mode with this workaround.