We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I stopped playing the game in 2019, what perks should I be looking at getting?

Chi
Chi Member Posts: 781

As the title states, I have been gone for quite a long time. I am getting back into it, but with Dead Hard and, to a lesser extent, Iron Will getting gutted... idk what to run on survivor.

Currently running Adrenaline, Lithe, Windows of Opportunity and Detective's Hunch/Alert/Distortion/Prove Thyself. Last slot is generally reserved for whatever I feel like would be fun.

I am looking at prestiging some of the new survivors, but all the perks seem kind of bad? I will be reading a perk and think 'oh, that sounds good.' and then there is this HUGE caveat that just makes it useless or horrible.

In contrast, with killer, I have seen several new perks that look really fun and strong to use. So it feels easier to figure out a build from the new perks.

I am open to suggestions for perks to use on either side, but I am struggling the most with survivor perks!

Answers

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302

I get more value now with DH then I did before the last nerf. It's not as strong as back in 2019 when the perk was a broken mess but it's still useable today.

Here are my top 3 survivor builds right now.

DH, WOO, Prove, Bond with a medkit with extra charges to heal team faster. My "Utility" build as it has everything I need.

Stakeout, Hyperfocus, streetwise, Built to last with 32 charge TB with 20 extra charges. My "GG EZ" Build.

Botany, Desperate measures, We'll make it, and WoO with a beamer. The speed you can heal team is absurd. I call this my "Savior" Build.

When I'm bored:

Flashbang, Blast Mine, Q&Q, Head-on.

Power Struggle, Tenacity, Flip-Flop, Unbreakable.

Any means Necessary, Smash hit, WoO, SB

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Gabriel is the survivor you should look from new chapters. His perks are fun and decent.

And for other perks... I mean looks like you already figured current meta.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I think your core 3 are pretty good currently.

I guess if you're ok without your exhaustion perk you could try the new perk Made for This, I dunno how good it'll prove to be on average skilled survivors though.

If you like to do flashlight saves you could try substitute Lith for Background Player.

Some good value ones are Wiretap from Ada if you can afford her, or Reassure from Rebecca.

As you've also missed the other RE chapter, Flashbang and Blastimine from Leon and Jill are also very fun to play as survivor. Blastmine was better off though a few months ago when the gen-kicking meta for killers was around, as they would kick any generator, now not as much.

Healing perks are kinda meh at the moment, so I would not recommend you anything one as most killers run Sloppy Butcher or a similar add-on. (Self-care is atrocious) The only exception being Inner Healing. I dunno if you were around for the Stranger Things chapter, although now those perks are accessible for everyone to buy on the Bloodweb.