We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Which Killer makes you genuinely afraid?

Options
Coryisodd
Coryisodd Member Posts: 6

I need to know. Which DBD killer makes you afraid? Which killer lurks in the back of your mind? Which killer scares the living daylights out of you?

Which Killer makes you genuinely afraid? 60 votes

Dredge
41%
EQWashuExerlinA_Can_Of_AirBoosted_DwightrustemperezrustetenoresaxLepespiIron_CutlassAoltreVanishlordTheMetalOneZeitacatslayerJeff_JayZashimiN7Deathslinger1of2Boons123CorvusCorax86RaconteurminatorBlackCat117 25 votes
Knight
0%
Spirit
1%
Depressedlegion 1 vote
Clown
0%
Doctor
3%
rupexoABAEX 2 votes
Nurse
5%
Kesuekinarsbebetter 3 votes
Other
48%
F60_31HorrorcomicnerdChordycepsWylrinMarc_go_soloNoOneKnowsNovaAurellefussyMarc_123JohnWick1654Stabby_AbbyJARDOrangeBearTyGuyLooeDbDCypheriusDavidHypnosmikewelk[Deleted User]Cayennepepper 29 votes

Comments

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    Dredge

Dredge definitely comes on top for me. Closest to the horror experience DbD should represent. Nightfall only makes it scarier.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    Options
    Other

Hag is missing on that list

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

None :/

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Other

Pyramid Head. You never know what is proper way to play against him until second chase. I still panic only against him. Kinda same against good Slinger.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,259
    Options
    Other

Not afraid but some are annoying or strong.

But Myers often gets me - when you repair, look around and see him standing there only watching...

Also had my biggset jump scare from him - finishing gen - turn around - and his face all over the screen because he just lunged at me - genuine AAAAAAHHHHHHHH moment.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 594
    Options
    Dredge

I think the votes can be split into two distinct groups.

Group A: Voted Dredge

Group B: Has never accidentally gotten into a locker Dredge was hiding in.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Nurse

nurses design is simple, yet perfect. You could easily see her being in a horror movie.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Other

Not really scared of any killers, but Myers and Pig have to be the scariest for me simply Because they've jump scared me more than enough times 😆

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,465
    Options

None of them, the horror genre doesn't scare me at all because it's all fictional in the end and no amount of fictional work can measure up to the horrors of real life, which is what is truly scary.

• Coryisodd
    Options

She’s apart of Other. I didn’t think to add her at the time. Like, I knew I was missing killers, but I didn’t know which killers I was missing from the votes so I just put other.

• Coryisodd
    Options

As someone who struggles with nyctophobia, I 100% agree with you. The dredge is terrifying and it’s power makes the world go dark. The dark and all the voices you hear makes you feel dread that you may inevitably join the horde of voices. The dredge is terrifying and well done.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,137
    Options
    Other

I find trickster in game creepy to be chased by because he is the most realistic

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

None are really scary. Big monster killers are obviously not realistic, and stuff that might be scary in movies or atmostpheric games just doesn't work in DbD (sound, music, camera angles plays a lot in horror and DbD just doesn't have that).

I guess people with coulrophobia might be scared of Clown, same as if there was a spider killer I'm be afraid simply because phobia.

The most scariness you can expect in DbD is jumpscares and "Damn, I might get downed", not really fear.

But it's okay ! It's horror-themed, just not horror.

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Other

Onryo. Stealth killers in general have the biggest scare potential.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options
    Other

If I were to choose, ironically it's one of the weakest killers: Myers.

However, it's that not knowing of when or how he will strike, especially on indoor maps. Despite his weaknesses, he is the only killer who can erase a survivor from a game in one single hit (add-on dependant).

Bubba comes a close second, with Executioner third.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Spirit

Spirit. They always tunnel me.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,476
    Options
    Dredge

I have been jumpscared by a Dredge emerging from a locker I was running past twice in one match, so its only fair to give a vote to Dredge here.

But I do agree with not_requested49, one of the only three killers to get a visceral jumpscare out of me was a Tier 1 Myers grabbing me off a gen when I wasn't paying attention and rotating my camera.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,665
    Options
    Other

For me it's Ghostface. Whenever I first see that red ring appear around someone's face, I audibly go "oh ####" because I know that if I become inattentive for even a moment I could suddenly find myself on the ground. The sheer panic I feel whenever I suddenly become exposed is also one of the scariest things I experience in DBD rn.

• Ashenfox
    Ashenfox Applicant Posts: 5
    Options
    Other

Ghostface, Out of all the stealth killers he spooks me the most sneaking up. Myers can be tier 1 sure but he's slower, Pig has to uncrouch Wraith uncloaks etc etc. He can sneak up on you the best in my opinion.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Other

All of the stealth killers for the sheer fact of jumpscares. I honestly don’t know how ppl get bored on gens because I’m looking everywhere thinking someone might be sneaking up on me.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Options
    Other

myers is the creepiest killer imo

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 168
    Options
    Doctor

the doctor.

because the prototype [yang yong xin] is still alive and torture teenagers.💢

• Wylrin
    Wylrin Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Other

Michael Myers with either no terror radius or a tiny terror radius courtesy of Dead Rabbit or Monitor and Abuse is always something that will legitimately scare me. Stealth killers in general make me nervous. If no one's getting chased for a while at the start of the game, I just start worrying and panning my camera all over the place while sitting on a generator, then breathe a sigh of relief when I either hear the terror radius or I see someone else is in a chase. Could still be a stealthy killer for the latter, but at least I probably won't get yoinked off my generator right then and there. But while stealthy killers in general put me on edge, Michael Myers just has a unique quality that makes him scarier. Which is weird because a lot of people consider him to be the weakest killer in the game.

This will get me laughed at, but... the Trapper's traps scare me. Even though I know mechanically they can be a joke when you free yourself first try or whatnot, but hearing that snap when I least expect it will always give me an adrenaline rush.

Thematically, the Doctor has to be the scariest for me, because medical horror is probably one of the most relatable concepts that a killer in this game revolves around. Things like being the target of a sick-minded individual are obviously terrifying, of course, but those aren't recurring aspects of most people's everyday lives. Tragedy strikes and terrible people exist, but having the fear for your health (both physical and mental) and having to put that health in the hands of someone you don't even know, that is something I feel like plenty of people contend with on a day-to-day basis.