The devs DESTROYED Toba Landing

Options
Rudjohns
Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,695
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

It's literally the ugliest map in the game right now

What happened to the colours?

Let me guess: people who use some shades were complaining about it and they change it? The map was totally fine before.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

I've no idea how it looked prior but...personally I really like the map. Visually looks great to me.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I think they lowered the saturation, if I remember correctly, so scratch marks would be more visible for killers to help them track.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I personnally like it better before they lowered the saturation, but I understand it was quite difficult to track on and was a bit too much for some players.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,310
    Options

It's still too difficult to track, as it's still a red map. They should have changed the color temperature, so the map could be primarily ANY COLOR EXCEPT RED.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,330
    Options

Scratch marks are orange, Toba landing is also orange. One of the things needed to change and it wasn't gonna be scratch marks. Toba Landing is also jam packed with enough audiovisual stimulation to be a cognitohazard. Scaling colors back a little helped greatly for those who play killer or don't enjoy being overstimulated to the point of sickness.

Me? I run reshade so Toba landing for me is already set to look EVEN MORE COLORFUL than what originally looked like. It's so tacky and disgusting bright, I love what reshade did for it and I love the way Skull Merchant drone fields are basically invisible on that map.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,310
    Options

The map still gives headaches and nausea. Scaling back the colors doesn't change the fact that killers are still straining their eyes to see red scratchmarks, red pools of blood, and red auras... on a red map. It's still eyestrain to see red on red.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

Um no. it was bright, eyebleeding, cluttered, and a ######### to play on overall. The colorful cosmetics became blendettes on ptb toba. At least now i can see...

• saintjimmy456
    saintjimmy456 Member Posts: 185
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ugliest map in the game, it looks like a background from The Wild Thorberries.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,764
    Options

It felt like an acid trip playing on it even without shader sin the ptb.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,742
    Options

The map in ptb was gorgeous. very colorful map. The only problem was hitbox for some killers that stick out. hitboxs look mostly fine now but the map looks less like colorful jungle.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

Honestly, I’m against them toning down anything to make scratch marks easier to track. Having maps that are more challenging for different styles of gameplay is great in my opinion.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,643
    Options

Anyone have a screenshot? I haven't seen it since the update

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,668
    Options

I disagree, scratch marks should always be consistent. Using scratch marks aren’t a different style of play, they are an integral part of all play styles.

And Toba is already a very visually cluttered map so having no LOS or scratches is not something they should aim for. Ormond also has issues with scratch mark visibility but it isn’t cluttered so it’s not that big of a deal, even though I think Ormond should have easier to see scratch marks.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

I mean are they not still consistent? The scratch marks don’t change - they just become harder to see based on where they’re placed. I think different maps should present different challenges whether it’s a core mechanic or not. A lot of maps rely on RNG - hook placement, gen placement, jungle gyms… plus they differ in other aspects as well such as pallet spawns and open space versus places to hide. On another note, each killer provides a different challenge to survivors that can alter base gameplay - gen patrol, chases, terror radius, heck I love to play stealthy as a survivor but can’t hide from a Doctor. Now don’t get me wrong - I’m not dead against them altering scratch marks so they aren’t affected by maps - I just think it’s a more interesting way to play the game when both sides have to adapt to wherever they’re playing.