Last Survivor Hook Escape

The last survivor in the match is always screwed. The amount of times that I have been the last survivor and not hooked once is more than I thought it would be, but no matter what you are basically screwed when you are hooked, why? Because you can't get yourself off the hook, not due to luck, but due to fact that the game won't even give you a chance to get yourself off of the hook. Why is it that even if I haven't been hooked before, when I am the only one left I do not get a chance to try and escape?

Please change this or at least tell me why it is like this.

Comments

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

Its like that because either your team lost or they left you, and in both scenarios you lost (didnt find hatch, couldnt get to gate). If your teammates just stand there for the kobes its completely fine anyways. Plus hatch is entirely random to begin with and is decently survivor favored (insta escape compared to a small chance of escaping if the killer finds).

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

hatch is slightly killer sided, because killer is quicker then survivor = able to cover more area at the same time. It's slightly off topic, but let's not pretend hatch is surv sided.

The issue is, that this happens mainly if survivor hides and won't take a hit/chase for his teammates. Other people then die before you and there's not enough time for gens to be completed. It's usually (not always) kinda your fault too - making it fair to not give you free attempt (which is most of the time only prolonging the game needlessly). Try to play a little more altruistically and maybe you will get to this situation less.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

Its not like the hatch is spawned an equal distance from both players. its entirely random who finds it if theres no offering. What i was saying is that its slightly surv sided because survivors get a much bigger reward for finding hatch than the killer does lol.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Survivors have gens, gates, and hatches for escaping, they have three stage for escapes.

It would killer sided if closing hatches equate to killer winning, but that's not the case, survivors can very well open the gate and escape even after the hatch is closed.

It is survivor sided.

• Gandor
    edited June 2023

What you said does not have anything to do with hatch (the thing that was mentioned).

But talking about gates - It very much depends. Singularity, demogorgon and even twins will make your chance to escape thru gate basically nonexistent. Blight, spirit, nurse, wesker will make it impossible if you don't have very lucky RNG. Doctor, onryo and dredge can make it also favor killer even in bad RNG case and trapper/hag/plague will most likely win if they had chance to trap the door (plague needs healthy survivor and infect just 1 gate). And every killer will have easy gates, if he has no way out.

For other killers it's still RNG based (and they can possibly even make their chances slightly higher - like huntress and artist can possibly snipe the gate for info and possibly down).

Last thing - gens don't offer 3rd way to escape. It's still just gate escape

But it's not 50/50 who finds it. Higher movement speed means higher chance to find hatch. It's always favoring killer (to what degree depends on killer and his ability)

• ProffessorTV
    ProffessorTV Member Posts: 8

But during the endgame collapse I've been in scenarios where I get left behind while everyone else escapes even if I have taken hits, I just didn't get hooked whether it be from escaping a pickup or just being slugged, not because I'm not being altruistic.

The hatch being closed makes it really easy for the killer to just go back and forth between the two exit gates and catch the survivor doing them.

• kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64

They have already addressed this issue when they introduced the mechanic. 90% of games end up with the last survivor in the match still dying after unhooking themselves. In other words 90% of the games were dragged on unnecessarily. Therefore, they introduced the mechanic to make matches end quicker. Now you may argue that means 10% of the time survivors could have escaped. Are you then suggesting we allow 90% of games to extend beyond what is needed just to cater for 10% of the matches? That makes no sense.

• ProffessorTV
    ProffessorTV Member Posts: 8

They could change it to at least allow them the opportunity to get off of the hooks and if they don't succeed and progress, then just kill them, it'll drag the game on by a few seconds, is that seriously the end of the world?

• TheRealConsent
    TheRealConsent Member Posts: 217

Survivors find hatch with 3rd person.

Also you LITERALLY cant argue that a free survivor escape mechanic is "killer sided".

• Gandor

What? What's free about it? It's game mechanics. Same way as devs decided to kill survivors if match drags for an hour or EGC killing all survivors. This specific one just gives chance (and chance means it's not FREE - it just gives CHANCE) for survivors. There are other mechanics that gives chance for killers the same way (like that random skillcheck when leaving a gen for 10% regress + info).

• kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2023

In a game that lasts on average 7 minutes? Yes. An additional 30 seconds or more does make a difference. It's a waste of time especially when it is only catering for 10% of the players that did escape after unhooking themselves.You are speaking from the point of low MMR where survivors don't last more than 10 seconds at chases. At higher MMR, chases last way longer and it only unnecessarily prolongs the game.