If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

List of potentional Trapper buffs

Options
ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
After having a small discussion with a friend and fellow Trapper main i decided to do a small list. THIS IS OF COURSE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Here is a short list of potential (NOT CONFIRMED) buffs/ideas tested by BHVR

1. Addon changes, coils and bags most likely being back on the drawing board right now. May also include new add ons.

2. Trapper spawns with more than 1 Trap

3. Trap setting will be faster

4. Traps will respawn after being sabotaged.

5. Disarm will take longer, failing skill checks or canceling may injure or trap you.

Personally im looking forward to this, as BHVR seems to know what Trappers issues are and how to fix them. I'd love to see Trapper being a force to be reckoned with again.

Sources: 
Forum:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/2479/reddit-q-a-june-4-2018#latest

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/15366#Comment_15366

Devstream 99:
https://youtu.be/XSImRb9g8m4

Comments

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 331
    Options

In my opinion:
    2. That's why he has got addons for it, so 5+1 traps (increasable) it's enough.
    3. May be a lil bit faster, but we got addons for it.
    4. Definitely no, sabotaged hooks don't respawn, so why traps would? Trapper gets a notification when somebody starts working on his trap, so he has got time to react and prevent sabotaging.
    5. I agree that disarming should take longer and include skill-checks, maybe they shouldn't harm survivors, but longer disarm action with skill-cheks - that is good.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited June 2018
    Options
    2 and 3.The point of these buffs are to make the Trapper less add on dependant. Drastically needed changes for his efficiency as laying 2 traps takes 10 seconds (not even taking picking up traps and going for desired trap spots into consideration.) , which is like 12% generator progress, if 4 are being worked on you can figure how fast you'll lose to a genrush.

4. Hooks do respawn, and you do not get a notification when someone starts sabotaging, and even if why would the Trapper be the only Killer who has to drop chases just so his power wont be taken away?

5. That wouldnt prevent the stalk and disarm meta since there is still no risk attached to it, especially with sprint burst, just slightly more annoying for survivors.
  • Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 331
    Options

Trapper is that kind of killer that needs to take some time to place the traps, and they might be quickly disarmed after that. Trapper is also that kind of killer that is difficult to play without any addons, regarding the time of placing the traps etc.

It is just like with the totems, when you got TOTH. You need to protect your belongings - the Trapper does.
    For sure I would make trap disarming a bit more longer and difficult. There might be some risk e.g. You got one skill-check - if you miss it - you are injured, if you hit it - it is ok, trap's disarmed.

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

as much as I love the trapper, and as much as these may help, I don't see trapper ever being a top tier killer. His power is so limited, as it's really not even a power, it's just putting down traps. I can't think of anything that would really make him a force to be reckoned with, sadly.

• ChesterTheMolester
    Options
    robin said:

as much as I love the trapper, and as much as these may help, I don't see trapper ever being a top tier killer. His power is so limited, as it's really not even a power, it's just putting down traps. I can't think of anything that would really make him a force to be reckoned with, sadly.

Survivor mentality sure plays a role but Trapper was once the best Killer in the game, surpassing Hillbilly, so im pretty sure with the right changes he can be put into the top tier again.
  • TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I like number 3. As players get more used to the game and more experienced players are born; survivors simply don’t “fear” a killer. There was once fear of what was unknown, but now there’s nothing scary about watching a killer place a lethal bear trap with three other survivors watching. If you see The Trapper placing his equipment, then the equipment loses its lethality.
        “Why would I carefully sneak around when I’ve had TrapMan in my sights the pass 5 minutes? I saw where he put his traps!”
        Traps don’t place themselves, you need time. Time that hardcore survivors use to finish your generators! 
  • Bayside
    Bayside Member Posts: 40
    Options

Maybe have Hangman's Trick affect Trapper's traps and have them respawn after 30/20/10 seconds after being sabotaged like hooks.

• TalonZenn
    TalonZenn Member Posts: 11
    Options

I didn’t see this post until now but I just recently posted a list of similar suggestions and I agree with all of these!

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

Out of curiosity, I wonder how big the outrage would be if his traps all became insta downs but without the struggling animation

• ChesterTheMolester
    Options

Out of curiosity, I wonder how big the outrage would be if his traps all became insta downs but without the struggling animation

Not as great as you think, the diamond stone itself is already kinda weak when you think about it cause your main strategy is to herd/force survivors into a trap rather than relying on them to run into them by themselves. The only time it'd do any work is when someone who is further away steps into it and would otherwise have escaped by the time you reached him.