We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

DBD thinks I have 131072 GBs of virtual memory (as well as EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION errors)

Options
C96ALia
C96ALia Member Posts: 9
edited June 2023 in Bug Reporting

Platform: Steam/PC. Specifications below.

Specifications: OS: Fedora Linux 38 (KDE Plasma) KERNEL: 6.3.8-200.fc38.x86_64 CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz GPU: Intel Mesa Intel UHD (TGL GT2) GPU DRIVER: 4.6 Mesa 23.1.2 RAM: 16 GB

Description: When trying to launch the game, it will always crash with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION errors. Always the same point in memory, every single time, every single launch. Additionally, the game seems to think I have 131027 GBs of virtual memory looking through the crash logs.

(LogWindows: Warning: SymLoadModuleExW. Error: 6

LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===

LogWindows: Error:

LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!

LogWindows: Error:

LogWindows: Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000) This is the exact exception; more details are in the logs. Ones labeled "DBDCRASHLOG" were captured from Linux console, and ones labeled "Tiger" were made by.. I think the engine or the game.

Recreation process: Launch the game. 100% recreation rate.

Troubleshooting steps: Try various Proton versions, including 7.0.6, 8-0.2, Experimental, GE7-49, GE7-55, and two bleeding edge Proton-TKG versions. All were tried multiple times, including after a computer restart and multiple steam relaunches. A reinstall of the game did not fix the issue, and Prime95 stress tests did not show any faults/errors with my hardware. As well, my Fedora 38 installation is 3-4 days old, and almost completely clean.

The Epic version of the game did not appear to suffer from such issues; however it is having EAC issues that do not belong in this bug report.

Additional information: This issue was not present before the most recent update of 7.0.2, and ran fine on my (then) installation of Fedora 37.

EDIT: All proton versions tried appeared to have the same issue with exception_access_violation errors. I am also aware that Linux is not an officially supported platform and nor is Proton, but figured in case this bug carried beyond Linux and Proton that it might be worth submitting. Have a nice day, everyone. :)

Post edited by EQWashu on
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This sounds to be a technical issue. Unfortunately we cannot handle tech issues here, but feel free to make a post in Ask the Community, or contact Support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/

This discussion has been closed.