Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Console unable to join lobbies

bnork
bnork Member Posts: 39

Console specifically Xbox is just unable to join and play in custom games or survive with friends. When you join one person will not see eachother and be unable to ready up and play. If you leave the lobby and return it will simply pop up with an error. You are on the other hand able to queue up as survivor or killer and play in regular public games.

3 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• HaloRyder
    HaloRyder Member Posts: 1

Happening to me as well. It’s impossible to join any friends. Even if I DO get into a lobby with them, I won’t see everyone as ready, even if they are, if we find a match I won’t get pulled in with them, and if I see everyone as ready matchmaking just won’t start.

• GuiseOfTheFox
    GuiseOfTheFox Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2023

This is happening to my friend (Xbox Series S) and me (Xhox Series X) as well.

While this bug is more prevalent now, I have experienced this same type of issue with Xbox lobbies over the 6 years I have been playing.

The current bug seems to be elusive to the workarounds my friends and I have used when this would happen to us. Currently, my friend on the Xbox Series S seems to be experiencing it more frequently with less successful workarounds than I have.

Previously, this same problem would occur after being in a party over several consecutive matches. Now, I'm having a hard time pinpointing how to consistently reproduce or what could cause this. It seems the only difference between this Xbox lobby bug and the one that has been there forever is the susceptibility to troubleshooting, as it presents in the same way when joining a Party Lobby:

1. From an outside perspective, there would be (at least) one member of your survivor party who never appears or they appear as though they are "In Match" and not ready.
      • This affected survivor does not see the same — they often see themselves in a lobby and ready, just like everyone else. They cannot see or know they are affected without someone telling them
      • Sometimes this will still result in a search for a Match Lobby, and other times it just doesn't search for a Match at all
      • This can happen when first joining a party or after the whole party returns from a match
    • When loading into a Match Lobby from your Party Lobby, there would be (at least) one member of your survivor party who would not make it into the Match Lobby
      • This affected survivor is often experiencing the bug described in 1; "Bob, when will you ready up?"/"Ready up? You're not in this match with us?"
      • When the Match Lobby fails to load the whole party, there is no warning or indication for any member, and eventually the system will simply find another solo-queuer to fill the empty slot

Workarounds (With Varying Success)

As I mentioned, this ain't my first rodeo with these annoying Xbox lobby bugs, so let me share the troubleshooting methods my friends and I have used and their viability of success. This is also this order in which I would try to resolve this issue.

1. "Break" the Lobby
      • Simply navigate back to the Dead by Daylight Main Menu and then recreate your Party Lobby.
      • This has been the most successful recently, up until this latest release.
      • This works for this current bug, though you may still see the visual bugs of someone not being in a lobby. Once at least one person can see everyone in the lobby and can see the match is searching after everyone is ready, then there is a 50/50 chance you will still load into a match despite the visual bugs. If your whole party does not load in, simply exit the Match Lobby to go back to the Party Lobby, ready up, ignore the visual bugs, and see if you load in again. If not, Break the Lobby and try again.
    • Close and Reopen the Dead by Daylight game from the Xbox Menu
      • This is our most tried-and-true method we've used over the years with great success
      • This has worked for this current bug, but you may have to do this a few times before it is successful.
      • This is also most often successful where this Lobby issue seemingly happens out-of-nowhere, after having been in a party and playing several matches with your party without issue.
    • Restart your Xbox Console
      • This is usually done as a last resort, but is most often successful, even with this current bug.
      • My friend and I were able to join and play a single match using this method this morning, but we faced this bug again as soon as we were back in the Party Lobby from that match
    • Uninstall and Reinstall Dead by Daylight
      • This seems to have no impact or affect on this bug.

How can I help?

Do devs read any of this? I really love this game, and I want the best experience for console players, but I do feel we often get overlooked when it comes to prioritizing bugfixes. I am curious about the current QA/Integration Testing process in regards to consoles and how I could get involved and help.

Post edited by GuiseOfTheFox on