Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Instant Death on Second Hook Stage

c_kazu
c_kazu Member Posts: 3

Played against an Oni on Father Campbell's Chapel (played as Ada) on PC. Was only hooked once the whole game and went down when the exit gates were powered. However, when put on the hook for the second time I died instantly.

See zip folder attached for video proof and logs

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,419

I'm not downloading a random zip file to view the video, but my guess is that everyone was either dead or had escaped and as the last survivor in trial you will instant die on hook so the game ends faster.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,046
    edited July 2023

As Crowman mentioned, if you're the last survivor in the match (your teammates escaped, killed with a mori, or sacrificed), you will be immediately sacrificed on hook regardless of previous hook states. If this was not the case, how close were you to going into the second stage on you initial hook, and is it possible you were just entered 2nd phase when unhooked?

• c_kazu

I have 755 hours in this game, but obviously there would have been no way of knowing that as I haven't linked my steam or anything like that. How should I post the logs and the video then? The post wouldn't except certain file types and uploading a zip file was the only way that I could post it...

• c_kazu

Fair, downloading a random zip file on the internet is risky I guess, so I'll explain in more detail (of what is shown in the video). It was me (Ada, first hook), Nea (second hook), Yuri (second hook) and Kate (second hook) in the match. There was one gen left and I had gone to save Yuri off the hook. I then started healing Yuri, completed the heal as Oni was approaching the hook and took an endurance hit with the perk "Made for This" (For the record, I was running Made for This, Stakeout, Hyperfocus and Windows of opportunity). I then got chased for around 10 seconds and got downed, resulting in me getting hooked on my second stage and instantly dying.

I also asked the others in the post-game lobby if I had been hooked 2 times already, as I thought maybe the in-game HUD or the hook stage indicator was bugged. However both the teammates and killer were also confused as to how I died as they were sure that I had only been hooked once. If the survivors were the only ones confused then I would have brushed it off as a HUD bug, but since the killer was sure they had only hooked me once I was convinced that this was not the case and felt the need to file this bug report.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,046

Thank you for elaborating the match a bit more. You can upload the video to Youtube (mark as unlisted) and link it, and the log can be posted on its own.