Onryo in her current PTB form has potential to deny tapes to one survivor.

ShadowCyrax
ShadowCyrax Member Posts: 7
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Though it is still difficult to determine through PTB matches if this strategy is consistent and viable. if it's set up properly one player is gonna be condemn killed, especially in solo where there is no communication.

The Way cooldowns work are

Projection- 70 seconds

Teleport- 15 seconds

Tape Removal- 90 seconds

Tape Insertion- 60 Seconds (Not sure if they made this 90 either, but the PTB notes did not mention a change)

With some math it is determined that you are able to cycle to at least 4 TVs before the first TV you project to turns back on. Unless the survivors know the location and order will not be able to break that cycle; unless they insert a tape into one of them.

Survivors can only remove tapes from TVs that are on. So with there being only 3 TVs left, one survivor is not able to pick up a tape. Survivors also don't see the aura of active TV's until their condemn is almost full.

Once a survivor is fully condemn without a tape they have almost no way to receive a tape. As long as you save your teleport you can just Project to any TV they try to get a tape from.

While it may seem like it's no different from camping, you can actively disrupt whatever survivors are doing for those 15 seconds and slug those with a tape to help slowdown the game more.

in conclusion, While my own skill is no where near as good as others, I feel like this strategy will be mastered by those who used her condemn strategy before. The potential hard counter would fall apart if one survivor can't find a tape or doesn't know the counter play. The potential hard counter itself also massively harms Onryo players who want to use more creative strategies.

If any mistakes, I'm sorry in advance.

below I have an example of the set up I used in the matches that were at least played serious on the PTB. Bringing perks like Corrupt, Deadlock, and Sloppy are recommended to help slow the game down.

This is just a generic map layout

Once the TVs turn on teleport to one of the outer TVs, the number indicates the current cooldown after teleport.

Then walk to the adjacent outer TV help protect it, then once the cooldown is over teleport to the opposite outer TV you first teleported to. It is important not to down anyone during Corrupt Intervention and once that ends only hit or down survivors who carry tapes to encourage them to deposit them. and try to make pallet dead zones.

Similar step to the one above

then annoy the survivors working on the middle gens, down any that have tapes but leave the others injured. once your cooldown is done teleport to your last tv.

This is the ideal setup you want, if survivors have not started picking up tapes or only have after your set up you will have one survivor who can't pick up a tape.

There is also the added cooldown when players deposit tapes, while I can see more coordinated teams be more effective at breaking your TV lockdown. Leaving the TV's open in the middle increase the chance of a tape being inserted in those adjacent middle TV's increasing their cooldown.

Potential Counter play being wait for TVs to activate and grab one right away which is unreliable in solo matches because there is no way to know what TV's are still active.

Post edited by ShadowCyrax on