We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

PC Steam - Kicked due to a failure to validate your account through Easy Anti-Cheat (error code 4)

Options
Kaius
Kaius Member Posts: 21
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting

I have never received this error message before, but ever since the End Transmission update I've been receiving it constantly. I'm just minding my own business playing the game as usual and then it'll suddenly kick me from the match. I've verified my game files numerous times.

There is no rhyme or reason to this error, no specific Perks, Survivors, Killers, Maps, Items, etc. - it just happens when it feels like it and I've accrued a huge matchmaking ban because of something that is not only completely out of my control, but also that has never happened to me before.

I am using custom Perk icons, but I have been doing so for years, never encountered this issue, and know of no one else who has encountered this issue while using custom Perk icons. I have not encountered this issue while playing Killer so far, but about 75% of my playtime is on Survivor, so it is to be expected.

It's killing my motivation to play the game knowing that Easy Anti-Cheat is so fickle that it'll kick me from the game for no reason. I feel like EAC has historically always hindered my DBD experience more than helped, but it's at a critical point right now.

Edit: Log. Not sure if it'll be any help considering the nature of the issue, but better safe than sorry.

Post edited by EQWashu on
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This seems to be a technical issue, if you still require assistance you can ask other forum users in the Ask the Community section (https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/categories/ask-a-question) since we do not offer technical support on this platform.

This discussion has been closed.