We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Did the Dredge need perhaps a Buff ?

Options
Jean_Cobra
Jean_Cobra Member Posts: 30
edited July 2023 in Polls

Yo, little poll to find out if you think the dredge deserves a soft-buff or not. Playing it quite often, I find that it is soft and not very aggressive. I think he deserves a buff.

I take for example his tp out of the Nightfall, excessively slow compared to the Nightfall. I think it would be ideal for him to have a slight increase in his speed. Even if it means putting the boat keys in the basekit

Getting out of a locker, open or not, is somehow slightly punitive for him. When he comes out, he has a stun of 0.5/0.75 sec, enough time for the survivors to get a lot more ahead of him, especially outside the chase. I think he should, outside of chases, get a soft speed boost when he comes out of a closed lock or not, like Sadako when she comes out of a television. In chase, no boost.

The other possibility would be removing Haddie's calendar and making it a basekit. Instead of giving a second to get out of a locked locker, she would activate the speed boost during a chase.

Note: The speed boost would be a percentage between 2-5% for 3 sec.

And the most important: Review the location of the lockers.

I won't look any further, other dredge players know it: There are a lot of maps with a big concern about the spot of randomly generated lockers. For example the Deep Forest (the one that was redesigned in the previous chapter, now having a main in the middle), only two lockers are present under the main, and not upstairs. Two junglegym south west and north east either don't have one at all, or just one. Far too many people find themselves in safe zones where Dredging has no possibility of going there to try to exert pressure. Combined with knowing that the killer only has 4.6 m/s against players who very generally use Made for it, you can't imagine the misfortune certain games can cause.

Currently it is decent, but it depends heavily on the generated map, lockers, and a lot of chances against experienced players. He's a killer who has a lot of potential in terms of mobility and generally chase.

I could talk about some add-ons, like the instinct of the killer in basekit when returning to his vestige out of nightfall (Hood of faithful), The wooden plank which increases the gauge of nightfall during a hook by 25% or the Caffeine tablets to see lockers locked in yellow, but that's for another topic that encompasses a lot of killers in general

Thank you for your answers !

Did the Dredge need perhaps a Buff ? 16 votes

Yep
37%
BlueberryF60_31DepressedlegionNikolaiflyJokyAzzJean_Cobra 6 votes
Nope
18%
brokedownpalaceShinobuSKEvan_ 3 votes
Yes, but not completely agree with all the points proposed
37%
sizzlingmario4GressZashimiN7GensByDaylightnarsABAEX 6 votes
I do not agree with the proposals, but I would see something else
0%
Nerf made for it
6%
tenoresax 1 vote

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,985
    Options

Buff in some areas, nerf in others.

• Nikolaifly
    Nikolaifly Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Yep

Im a dredge main so im hella biased, but my idea was just to spawn more lockers on maps with small amount of lockers. It wouldnt change that much, just make it so there arent locker deadzones.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

He has very good map mobility and decent anti loop. But at his core, out of nightfall hes just an M1 kilelr in chase. he doesnt teleport fast enough for it to be a valuable chase tool.

I think maybe if he had strong chase outside of nightfall and a shorter stun when breaking from a locked locker hed be good.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I've been playing lots of dredge lately and the only problem I have is the lockers spawn & number being inconsistent and just bad on some maps. The only other thing that I would appreciate a buff for would be the speed during the remnant mechanic.

• ZashimiN7
    ZashimiN7 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Decent buff would be to make Haddies Calendar and his skull basekit or at least half the amount basekit . They both make him so much better and smoother to play they both are almost must have add-ons