Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Hex: Huntress Lullaby affects Jigsaw Box skill checks

ShatteredGlasses
ShatteredGlasses Member Posts: 5
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting

Hello all,

Hex: Huntress Lullaby affects Jigsaw Box skill checks, which is an unintended effect I presume(?)

I believe this happens 100% of the time across all platforms when the Pig uses this hex.

Fog Whisperer SpookyLoopz made a video featuring this issue:

Anyway, please investigate.

Post edited by EQWashu on
2 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Comments

• Chlorozizium
    Chlorozizium Member Posts: 22

why would it be unintended? the perk's description is that it affects skill checks, it makes sense that it would affect all of them for consistency

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 432

According to the most recent version (introduced with patch 4.3.0), Huntress Lullaby was nerfed and now only affects Healing and Repair skill checks. I don't think Jigsaw Box skill checks count as either.

"Each Token reduces the timer between the Skill Check Warning cue and the Skill Check appearing for both Repair and Healing Skill Checks."

I just went against a Pig with this build and can confirm that Huntress Lullaby does indeed work on Jigsaw Boxes, where according to its description it should not do so.

• Kolramii
    Kolramii Member Posts: 17

I reported this specifically February 03, 2023 Request #1191284 directly to support.

The original problem was Huntress Lullaby was uncleansable and was affecting all skill checks such as jigsaw box searches, struggle phase skill checks. Also mangled caused progress regression on every action at this time.

While I do see a drastic improvement to acknowledgement of bug reports this forum, you just spin tires when reporting bugs directly to DBD support.

I never post bug reports here b/c for longest time nobody was updating status but I could find bugs. (which most were never acknowledged but at least I could research things here like the skill checks and huntress lullaby interactions bug...then I realize I'm not crazy bad at jigsaw box searches and that this on pig player created a build around this bug)

Problem with customer submitting a ticket is you have a different person responding who don't read context of your entire ticket and feels like they do not read this forum or patch notes. At this ticket time the PTB posted a fix for Lullaby then I assume live fix was live Feb 8th.

Over the course of over 8 emails via at least 4 people i just gave up with wasting my time. This has happened on other tickets..you are interacting with people who do not read this forum and ask redundant questions about well documented bugs.

To be fair, I amended my original report which caused some confusion for myself in addition to communicating with a different person each email. I amended my report to include:

Mangled increasing all survivor action time.

To give context to the interactions of DBD support:

(I am embarrassed for myself being a bit irrational about some emails because i felt like I'm dealing with someone who is just giving me generic responses and oblivious to widely known bugs..)

*I reported the jigsaw search first then after research on forum I added another ticket to say this was intentional exploit after vod review. but support responded to Exploit ticket first.

Roy (Dead by Daylight)

Feb 3, 2023, 10:40 EST

Hello there,     

I'm Roy, nice to meet you, thank you for taking the time to write to us.  

Sorry to hear that the Hex: Huntress Lullaby - Remains active after being cleansed. In order to investigate this issue for you, I'll ask you to provide us with some details, okay?     

•  Can you send us your game logs:  
      •  Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run".
      • Type this in the "Run" prompt:
      • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs  

I sent video clip, logs, screen shots of perks

My Response:

Feb 4, 2023, 13:51 EST

Reason for report:

"Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage."

Player was abusing Hex: Huntress Lullaby on the Pig. 

•  The hex retains all stacks accumulated after hex is cleansed.
    • Lullaby hex debuffs also affect Jigsaw box key search skill checks.
    • This bug has been heavily noted on reddit, DBD bug forum.

Intent that he knows this bug is obvious in now he picked add-ons (picked 2 add-ons to trigger most skill checks) and by rarity of perk (Not coincidence he had few choices of perks and decided to use that one)

Arthur (Dead by Daylight)

Feb 5, 2023, 11:26 EST

Hey there, 

Thank you so much for getting back to us with the links to the Log files. Please note that the Log files help us track down the causes which resulted in the bug.

Again, I am really grateful for your patience and help with this matter. I look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards,

Arthur 

Roy (Dead by Daylight)

Feb 6, 2023, 13:25 EST

Hello there, 

Thank you for taking the time to write back to us.

Once again, Sorry to hear you had this issue with the Hex: Huntress Lullaby, we're sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused you. 

"we'll ask you to keep checking our forum for new patch notes, which you can access using the link below: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/patchnotes"

• I had to go back and forth referring back to patch notes and he suggests i need to keep up with patch notes when I have to explain to him a bug that had been reported several times.

In order to investigate this for you, could you provide us some details? 

How often does this occur?  

1. It occurs every time I face a pig with huntress lullaby which was once all year!

How long has the issue been occurring? Did it start after a recent update?

• Ever since I saw bug reports about huntress lullaby affecting all skill checks starting in January and showed screen shot of reports on this forum.

Can you give us more detail about this?

• As per most recent patch notes at the time " Resolved Hex: Huntress inconsistencies between SFX and UI."
    • Yes, all details about this have been posted in patch notes and on this very bug report forum.

In addition to that, a recording of the crash would prove most useful, although we understand this may not always be an option

1. It occurs every time I face a pig with huntress lullaby which was once all year!
    2. Never reported that my game crashed.

Stephanie (Dead by Daylight)

Feb 18, 2023, 13:41 EST

Hello there, 

My name is Stephanie and I'll be happy to assist you with your concern about a bug related to a mangled bug, we'd like to continue to investigate this further, as we want you guys to have the best experience possible this is why we ask for further information when a player reports this type of bugs! So in order to do this, could you please provide me with the details of the following questions?  

• What perk or character is related to this issue? 
    • What is happening with The mangled effect? 
      • This is all in the same ticket where I addressed mangled and Huntress Lullaby bugs. Like first page of bug reports were flooded with mangled and huntress lullaby reports.

Paige (Dead by Daylight)

Feb 20, 2023, 15:45 EST

Hello there,  

I'm Paige from Dead by Daylight support, and it's a pleasure to meet you!

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered a bug, and we'd love to help, but we're not entirely clear on what your specific issue is. In order to investigate this further, I will need the following information:  

Please, could you describe the mangled bug you encountered in more detail?

• When did the issue occur first? Was it after a patch?
    • Is it a constant issue or intermittent?
    • If you could provide us a screen recording video, it will also be helpful with the investigation.

If you'd like to share any further information besides the questions above, please go ahead and send them. Any piece of information is highly appreciated, and I'll be looking forward to your reply!  

Kind regards,

Paige  

• Again another copy paste response and I'm again asking if they even read the bug report forums.
    • I did amend ticket twice with additional information when i realized what all was happening via my video clip and reading the bug report forums.
    • People read this forum as a resource for making new builds. So the pig i faced literally had yellow Huntress Lullaby perk. Looked up his add-ons, then I realize he made his whole build around the KNOWN BUG and was exploiting it. He even crouched behind me to make sure interrupt me during box searches.

Maybe 5 days after my first report the uncleansable part of Lullaby was fixed.

Obviously, this build on pig is even more uncommon than facing pig herself...but now a major content creator has posted a meme build around it.

Just feels like all the time I wasted back and forth with support was wasted back in February if the Lullaby skill affects Jigsaw box searches.

**Just occurred to me huntress lullaby curse notification still show up on skill check instead of survivor being hooked still.

Note on a bug that potentially will potentially see more popularity than box search by far:

The nurse speed bug was reported originally back on around June 19th, (at the time I figured was maybe an exaggerated post) but now I see content streamers are just now mentioning and/or facing it. It didn't seem easy to counter when i watched it happen last night.