The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pop is currently unbalanced, needs a small nerf.

Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Let's compare pop with pain res, arguably 2 perks that reward you for hooking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pain res:

-25% regression.

-can only be used 4 times. (so it roughly counts as 1 gen worth of regression)

-Sometimes you can't even hook because there are no scourges around.

-It regresses the most worked on gen, which could be good or bad, depending on your strategy and gen distribution.

POP:

-30% regression (5% more than pain res already).

-no stacks limit, can be used every time a survivor is hooked. So at least it counts as 2 gens worth of regression if the killer manages to kick just 5 gens. Forcing survivors to do at least 7 gens worth of repairing to escape.

-It can be even stronger during the ending where one survivor is probably eliminated and there are no resources on the map (people go down more frequently and they can't keep up with the regression)

-You can choose which gen to regress, so as a skull merchant, knight or any killer who benefits from a 3gen it can be very strong since you don't want to forcefully regress the most worked gen (like pain res does) but the gen in the area you're protecting.

So one has 4 stacks of 25%, the other has no limit of 30% regresion for each hook. Why wasn't this even questioned?

In my opinion, Pop needs stacks. Maybe 4 stacks of 30%, or 6 stacks of 25%. As it is right now, it's problematic. I think some killers take this perk for granted and they don't understand how strong it has become.

Comments

• JdoHybrid428
    JdoHybrid428 Member Posts: 87

Correct me if I'm wrong bc I haven't used pop in a bit but doesn't it have a timer?(unless they removed it) Plus pr can affect any Gen across the entire map, right?(haven't used it yet)

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

yes it's 45 seconds timer plus the percentage removed is based on the current gen progress not the total so in order for the pop to be meaningful the gen needs to have a high progress.

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 273

hot take incoming: there are no good regression perks left. Pop and PR are trash, Jolt is a sad joke, the fact that people actually use these three perks is an even worse joke. The only perks even remotely worth using are Corrupt Intervention and Deadlock, and frankly even those are starting to lose their appeal when compared to just playing hyper aggressive with devour hope/undying/noed/nowhere to hide. Regression perks no longer really provide enough of a benefit compared to expose/instadowns and instakills to be worth running instead of them.