We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Mannequin killer

Options
00Crab00
00Crab00 Member Posts: 8
edited July 2023 in Creations

Hi there! I do not use the forums much, but I’m a +2000hr killer main. I thought it would be fun to pitch an idea since I love this game. I got my inspiration from the Mall level from Condemned Criminal Origins. This killer can take control of Mannequins that are placed randomly around the map; teleporting to each one and walking to a place of their choosing. When controlling a mannequin initially the eyes open up and the head can move, but there is a delay in movement. There is no radius until the mannequin moves. Survivors can topple unoccupied mannequins over to make a longer movement delay; making mannequins need to be strategically place. Mannequins can be smashed and destroyed by pallets with a long respawn timer. Toppled mannequins cause sound notification. Mannequins can be used to narrow pathways, but survivors can used unoccupied mannequins to stun the killer. Addons can reduce movement delay, add more mannequins to the map, and even give unoccupied mannequins a terror radius. Perk ideas: exit gate regression, insidious with one hit down effect, and a hex totem that removes a health state when cleaned. Thank you! I hope to have more killers that cause more scares :).

Post edited by BoxGhost on

Comments

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

prefer a Womannequin Killer plz🥳

…or maybz just an Apparel-Selling-Device Killer, idk;

would be fun either way.

Could do a Darth Vader cosmetic and call it Mannequin Skywalker🙃

• 00Crab00
    Options
  • Xyvielia
    Options

Creepy, especially the little one in the purple dress!

Would be cool if there were many mannequins scattered through each realm when you face The Mannequin, and some of them move toward you when you’re not looking like red light, green light or sth, and not stop once they get into a certain range. Then Survivors could knock them to the ground to break them into a pile of mannequin parts, but after a while they reform and come after you again.

Some could kick gens not being worked on. Others grab onto you and slow your movement.

idk, there are so many great options for such a interesting Killer idea.

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 486
    Options

Honestly, this sounds like a great killer Idea and it could have lots of cosmetics too I hope devs see this!

• 00Crab00
    Options

Mall map Ideas :p

• Xyvielia
    Options

omgz, Such a great concept! Luv it!

Why isn’t this a chapter yet!?

• Dontyodelsohard
    Dontyodelsohard Member Posts: 31
    Options

Wow, I saw when this was first posted... And to be honest I wasn't so keen on it.

However, the follow-ups really turn it around for me. It cannot be understated how much a well-made image can really grab somebodies attention... Which is also a shame because it makes one wonder about all the genuinely good ideas that get passed over just because whoever made it was unaware of the value of visual aids.

Anyways: One problem here is that there is no way they would ever let a mannequin body block... At least not forever. Think like the Twins: Charlotte eventually loses her Hitbox if you leave her dormant for too long. Although I could be overlooking the Knockdown mechanic. I suppose if the Hitboxes are lost upon them being thrown down then that works perfectly fine because Survivors have a way of bypassing them.

And I am a sucker for a killer that revolves more around a "scene" or intended experience than raw mechanics... And I am pretty sure this qualifies because it would almost be like having illusory doctors scattered around the map or something.