Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Territorial Imperative should just be trashed at this point

I hate to rag on the work BHVR did for the perk in this last patch, but I really need to ask. Do you guys think the reason nobody uses the perk is because it didn't show the aura for long enough? Apart from maybe playing as Dredge, there is no reliable instance in which this perk will be genuinely helpful. In order for this to work as intended, a killer has to:

1. Hook a survivor on basement hook.
  2. Leave the basement far enough away to have it kick in
  3. You can now see in real time a survivor unhooks their teammate instead of getting simply a loud noise notification.

And increasing the cooldown to 45 seconds? Did you guys think leaving the cooldown as is would make it too powerful? Sure, there's always the chance a survivor goes into the basement for the chest down there, but if I truly cared that much, I'd run Hoarder. That perk goes to 64 meters and has a cooldown of zero; I can get two notifications as well since when they interact with the chest, they then pick up the item from said chest. I don't think DBD will ever be in a possibility where this perk will be something somebody would voluntarily run. I think it should be reworked for something else at this point. Maybe another perk related to the basement chest, or even just getting rid of it and making a whole new one. Again, I appreciate the thought behind buffing this perk, but I think the perk is just doomed.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited July 2023

Yeah not sure in what world it needed a longer cooldown. They could literally remove the cooldown entirely and it’s still complete trash and ran by no one. It’s just bad design.

Needs to be dumped for something else entirely.

Most the new buffed perks are still very bad for that matter.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,189
    edited July 2023

to me, most of perk changes are often changes for sake of changing it. they have already changed this perk at least two times and this is their third change. the perk is still crap. The only way I see killer running this is if the following changes are made:

->Removal of cooldown

->Removal of range restriction limit

->Removal of aura reading duration.

The perk should reading something like this:

"Unlocks the potencial in aura reading ability.

Survivors within proximity of the basement have their aura revealed in 16/20/24 meter radius."

Anything else than that and you are unlikely for anyone to ever run it in a serious build. this pretty much makes shack a more risky loop to run instead of super safe zone that wastes killer time for free. Likely means you will get rid of pallet quickly and nullify the window with ease. Some killer players specific run bamboozle just to do that.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I agree. It would need all those buffs to even be considered. Honestly even with all that it still wouldn't be ran by anyone unless they were just planning for a basement camp game.

It does just feel like changes for the sake of changes to me as well. Not an intent to actually makes things viable.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

The increased aura reading duration won't do anything in most cases. If the survivor is going for the basement save immediately (which in most cases they are), then the loud noise notification you get from the unhook is going to tell you what's happening. The extra 3 seconds of aura reading is doing nothing at that point.

Personally I'm of the opinion that basement is unhealthy and shouldn't be in the game anymore anyways, so I think this perk just needs to be given a completely different effect that's actually useful.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,966
    edited July 2023

I'm not as hateful towards basement, it is a location for survivors to be mindful of as a danger location to steer clear of, or run that risk for a potentially game ending scenario... the fear of repairing a gen next to basement is palpable.

However this perk does struggle with the fact that it's an all or nothing type perk.... you either lock down basement, and go really hard on it... or you get no value on this perk...

If I were to suggest a change, make it so this perk activates whenever an survivor runs (not walking or crouching) within ~16-20m radius of the basement, revealing all survivors auras within range for 6s, with a cooldown of 45 secs. This plays into the territorial hunter theme nicely as your "home base" type idea.

This would mean there is a bubble around basement itself that can reveal the aura of survivors, even if survivors aren't going into basement. It still remains a potent basement specific tool sure, but it has use outside of that. Where you effectively have a zone of the map that you don't have to patrol as readily.

It can also provide a potential aura read in chase if you chase towards basement, so it suddenly becomes a decent perk outside of purely basement camping.

This also introduces survivor counter play. You can walk into basement if you suspect it to avoid having your aura revealed (though a dumb teammate can still screw you, and the escape becomes a little more dangerous), or you could even feign a run to basement, break off again to wait it out, before returning for the unhook.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730

I always thought of this perk as being useful in ambushing whoever is going for the basement item. Of course, that makes it pretty useless overall.

• DwightDwigt
    DwightDwigt Member Posts: 73

I'd suggest that this perk should just allow permanent basement-aura reading.

But, the bubble-aura-reading suggestion above is pretty interesting too.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

A Perk that gives full basement Aura reading all match and gives you a notification every time someone enters the basement.

That would be good.

• HookedZombie
    HookedZombie Member Posts: 4

I got an idea. 

How about this buff?

Additional effect: The killer gains the undetectable effect for the next 20 seconds.

(As you know, it's an imitation of the Tinkerer.)

It has little effect on vigilant survivors, but can be fatal to careless survivors.