The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is none mentioning this issue anywhere

Hello,

I have been playing DBD for years now. and I've always been able to uncap my fps using the "GameUseSettings.ini". i uncap framerate, remove Vsync ..ect

I took a break from the game earlier this year and apperantly the devs put a new folder called "WindowsClient" instead of the old "WindowsnoEditor". This seemed to be the issue for many people to get 60 fps as their max.

I have tried everything at this point and the game refuses to go past 60. for reference here are the things i did:

• reinstall the game multiple times
  • check steam settings
  • check my NVidia setting ( in addition to GeForce experience ) to make sure it was not locked from there
  • < ive done this step in the past i assure you i know how to do it > removed "windowsnoeditor" and put my setting in "windowsclient" ( read only ) in "gameUserSettings.ini" and put these lines in Engine.ini ( /script/engine.engine]

bSmoothFrameRate=false

MinSmoothedFrameRate=5

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

bUseVSync=false )

My Computer is Legion 5 RTX3070 / 16 ram / Ryzen 7 5000 series. I run Many demanding games with high fps on 1440p so this is only happening in DBD.

One final weird information: When i alt tab to a folder the game gets uncapped and i can see 120 fps in it in background. the moment i tap back into it it goes back to 60.

All these solutions mentioned before haven't helped has anyone figured out what is the problem ? Am i the only one ? im really close to uninstalling it again and just moving on honestly