If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Game Keeps Crashing [PC]

Options
Amygdalas
Amygdalas Member Posts: 5
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting

ever since this update, my game will not stop crashing. once i get past the intro movie and press play as killer or survivor, the game crashes. last night, i was able to join public lobbies but as soon as it would enter the final stage of loading in, i'd crash.

the UE crash handler does not appear upon crashing. it has only appeared once and said "Error Message: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000018"

sfc/scannow, driver updates, windows updates and uninstalling/reinstalling have not worked for me.

anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: uninstalling Steam and then reinstalling it seems to have fixed my issue.

EDIT 2: i reinstalled ReShade and the issue started again. now i can't play killer. it says "disconnected from host" when i go to queue for killer.

Post edited by Amygdalas on
6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• JanesWagon
    JanesWagon Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2023
    Options

I'm also crashing on PC but I don't receive any error codes, I just boot up and got the first two DC penalties and after that nothing else. Just keep crashing mid game or loading lobby as survivor.

I made a post as well to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

• sneakyliliguana
    sneakyliliguana Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am on PC and am having the same issue. I load in, but when I click on play as killer and the lobby loads, my game crashes and kicks me out. This has happened three times with no errors and I do not receive any penalties, I just can't play. PLEASE HELP!

• BotError404
    BotError404 Member Posts: 5
    Options

It’s happening to me too.

never have had any performance issues and I keep crashing without any error messages. I’ve googled and googled. Reinstalled drivers, GPU up to date. It was driving me crazy- glad it isn’t only me. My disconnect is now up to 20 mins- insane