Toba Landing is a horrible map

Chaotic_Wretch
Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

The sheer amount of clutter in this map is enough to make me despise it, but the vibrant colors everywhere make it even worse. Almost every loop is safe, the main building is a total pain, and scratch marks are impossible to see in some areas. I get that they wanted to go hard on the "alien planet" thing but I don't have time to enjoy the sights when chasing survivors. Please rework this map and tone it down a bit.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,893

We might be the weird ones here but aside from the chain of pain loop, we kinda like it.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I just made a comment on this. Toba is not that bad of a map

• 00berdisc
    00berdisc Member Posts: 96

The part behind the main is a huge deadzone a thats like 40% of the map

• mca240
    mca240 Member Posts: 456

Toba Landing is actually a balanced map. I like it. I only wish they would put more vegetation on the ground without hitboxes for my boy Trapper and to make it more like a forest.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I only hate the colours of it, really strain my eyes to know whats what. Is that scratch marks? Survivor jacket behind a wall? Is that even a wall? Very strange

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 458

I will admit i love the look of this map it's unique but when it comes to game play there are some very safe areas for survivor an there is much most killer can do about it sadly

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 962

It looks cool, but playing on it is a nightmare for me. The colour palette gives me eye strain and the amount of clutter is just overwhelming.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited July 2023

I've yet to have any trouble as a killer on this map.

Maybe it's because survivors haven't yet learned how to play the loops effectively, but I' not seeing it. The loops are no better than most other maps, the main building has one strong pallet and one semi-strong window. The only thing it really has going for it, that I have yet to see anyone take advantage of, is the mini ramps that can grant Balanced Landing mid-loop.

People keep complaining about 'clutter', but I find this often favours the killer more than the survivor.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,688

It's one of the most skill-less maps for survivor. There are so many line of sight blockers everywhere, that only exist to make it easier for survivors to hide, to escape chases, and to make it easier to avoid some of the killer powers. The map is purposely red to hide scratchmarks and pools of blood. Sound occlusion is working overtime on that map even though it's an outdoor map.

And some of the loops are so large and awkwardly shaped that if the killer runs it incorrectly, then the survivor can get lots of distance..... and the killer might run it incorrectly because the sound occlusion might make the survivors silent, and the inconsistent scratchmarks might not actually show an unbroken path.

Killers are fighting bad game mechanics, more than they are fighting the survivors.

• jordanjustice
    jordanjustice Member Posts: 110

As a survivor... I will agree that Toba is the worst map. 2nd worst, Knights realm. Toba is confusing as hell... the sights, the clutter, the sounds... just ugh.. and Knights realm is barren, lifeless, boring.