Mobile version having better skins?

catslayer
catslayer Member Posts: 155
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

Am i the only one who thinks that the mobile version of DBD has A LOT of skins that actually have unique-cool designs compared to the base game? why can't we also get them in the PC version? I know that we're getting 2 survivor & 2 killer skins in the future, but i wish we had more than that and earlier, or at the same time as the mobile version gets it to make it fair. like holy moly, after seeing all those skins i was just shocked at how good they are. not all of them but like more than a half of them, here's the best examples that just prove it:

(These also took a while to find them, so i'd be happy to hear your opinions on the skins' designs/your favorites and the whole idea of them getting added to the base game)

Christ...this spirit design is the best one out of all character skins. THIS is the one i'd like to see the most in the real DBD version, and i'm saying all this as someone who hates playing as or against her. It's just too good. The details and colors are super cool, everything fits perfectly. BHVR please add this someday!

As an ex-trickster main i'd also really love to see this in the game. Of course, he already has a lot of good skins but this one would look the best out of all. I really like the halloween/scarecrow makeup & outfit. Also looks scary.

These are the ones that i've just found & are also the latest ones that they've got...the things i'd do for that mikaela skin. all of these summer-themed outfits are so cool compared to the ones we have. i'm not saying that we have "trash" ones, i like them too actually but the mobile ones are definitely winning, in my opinion. yes, they're too "bright" making it easier to get noticed by the killer but that doesn't change the fact they all look very good and would be a good idea to get added into the game. I bet everyone would buy these, making it better for the creators themselves.

Here's a few more amazing collections/skins without commentary:

Thoughts on all of these? Personally I love the 3rd, 7th & 8th collections and of course the 1st one.

Post edited by catslayer on

Comments

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

3rd, 13th, and 16th would've been an instant purchases for me.

And, no, you're not the only one who prefers the outfits in mobile version over the outfits in the PC version. They're objectively better, probably because it's not the same people working on them.

We do also get some good ones from time to time, but they do really shine only upon being matched with other pieces from other outfits.. I think. The sets just shouldn't have been a thing, because .. Why..

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730

The mobile version shouldn’t be getting anything the base game isn’t. If they cared about money they would fix this asap.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Those are awesome skins. Hope we get some good ones in here too

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,828
    edited August 2023

I genuinely do not want any of the mobile skins in the main game, especially not any of the Survivor ones, however since they said they would bring some in, albeit not a 1:1 version of them, i hope they bring as few as possible into the main game.

Also there is only maybe 1 or 2 good killer skins but that's about it.

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 459

DBD mobile is a gacha game and updated by a entirely different company.

They are behind in terms of killers, but they have their own skins and rifts.

• Chomperka
    Chomperka Member Posts: 188

i think they just do not have enough artists/3d modellers to port skins from mobile, while also making other skins+new chapter+rift skins. If they stop making new skins and just port them from mobile, lots of people will surely rage.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

I bet these costumes will be Feng & Feng for survivor part.

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654

Please don't give praise to the gacha mechanic.

• nodforkiss
    nodforkiss Member Posts: 160

I would happily spent $10 bucks for those skins... they are WAY better than what we got so far

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,542

some of them are alright

others are way too goofy

others again somehow change the character to look like someone else

and then there’s also the ones that give the characters absurd, character breaking animations

• catslayer

no one's doing that, just because someone finds only the skins cool doesn't mean we automatically praise gacha. literally everyone hates it & that's a fact

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Yeah, that could be problematic in a way, as the character is supposed to remain themself without being somebody else.. Unless we're talking about complete sets and entirely different characters, like Hulk, J. Byers, C. Redfield, (...). Cosplaying doesn't change and shouldn't change the character, but should give you a feeling of looking like a different person. Looking, so animations and everything shall remain the same.

And, please, no animations. The moment PC Dead by Daylight gets those animations from Fortnite, I'm leaving.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 345

i really want those sadako skins. won't ever happen im afraid.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,009

I don't care much about not getting Outfits for original characters, but losing out on Licensed content just sucks

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 345

yea same here. it just sucks. but idc for the original characters since they can be ported other to the main game which bhvr already comfirmed they will do. which ones idk tho.

• catslayer

i mean it was confirmed that in somewhere 2024(i think, so yes not soon) 2 survivor & 2 killers from mobile are coming to the PC version, hopefully they're gonna bring hers

• Salvenia
    Salvenia Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

We need these skins on pc, people will pay dammit

they look super cool 😭

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover Member Posts: 7

id insta buy that doctor skin

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 305

Mobile has cool skins that Core doesn't have and vice versa. Simple as.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    edited May 17

I WOULD LITERALLY KILL FOR MAGICIAN CLUADETTE

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,218

They said they won’t port them all so people will still play mobile. I think they could just make it to where if you buy it on mobile then you get a code to use it in the main game. But I don’t think they liked that idea lol.