My concerns about Alien gameplay and vs Alien

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

It is obvious that we all know what "alien" is, for those who do not know:

Well to summarize. It is an extraterrestrial biological entity, NOT a human, perfect above the human being in terms of intelligence, there is nothing that can kill or stop it, the only thing that can stop it is fire

My concerns are the following:

• It would be quite embarrassing if when we play against ALIEN, there are pallets all over the map, because it would be very ridiculous...
  • I understand that the UNIQUE tool that the survivors would have to be able to defend themselves against him, would be fire: FLAMESHROWER.
  • As an alien, I would like to feel that I am a STRONG AND POWERFUL being, but I understand that we are in a game and there must be "balance" but within that "balance" there should be coherence within what is ALIEN, and I ask that Please, if we play with him, let him feel like I'm playing with a very strong predator.
  • As a survivor, I want to feel fear and sensations like the Alien video game was. Obviously, I don't want the alien to see me and directly "destroy" me, but as I said, introducing a mechanic so that the survivors have to look for the FLAMESHROWER with a certain "fuel" in order to defend themselves, would be an interesting gameplay.
  • In addition to ALIEN, some species are also known... which are the bugs that grab faces, I don't know if we will see this, but this would create diversity in the vs. alien gameplay.

I hope that BVHR have captured what it really is to FACE ALIEN, because it would be very embarrassing if they used the resource of a wooden board vs alien.

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

If nemesis can be stopped by a Pallet, so can alien. The entity controls everything in the realm and can make characters weaker and stronger according to its will

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    edited August 2023
    Options

Nemesis is not Alien. WHY?

How does jill stop him even with a knife? And does she face him?

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

but he does casually walk through walls and tank missiles to the face.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

they aren't removing pallet interactions just for alien. Maybe it'll have a powered state like singularity where it can ignore pallet stuns or it can quickly destroy them like nemesis, but it certainly won't be completely immune to them

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,650
    Options

The Alien is human tho,

Like the classic Xenomorph the way we know them only happens when a facehugger eggs a human, it is also as flawed a being as anything ever. After all, a middle aged adult completely outsmarted them, TWICE. A little girl managed to hide from them, despite the "heightened pheromone detection"

Honestly, the Xenomorph is a brute and pretty dumb, It will fit right in :D