We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Killers being able to see hook counts

Options
AgnyLeo
AgnyLeo Member Posts: 13

Should killers also be able to see hook counts just like survivors, next to each survivor's name? I personally think that whoever wants to tunnel, does it anyway already. So those of us who want to play fair when there are 4 of the same survivor character players in the lobby, I won't have to struggle trying to remember which Meg was the one that was already hooked twice. Sometimes I forget I've hooked the same person twice, even if they're different, so I would like to be able to see hook stage counts but maybe they're absent for killers for a reason?

Killers being able to see hook counts 32 votes

Yes
78%
GibberishBlueberryNos37F60_31Robotfangirl67TheOneElricDhurl421Hex_LlamaGandarevaViktor1853GuiltiiBothSidesEnjoyernot_requested49rvzrvzrvzTheMetalOnecatslayerCypheriussaneesCatnipLoveGozuthelivingdead 25 votes
No
21%
ShapedReverseVelocitysizzlingmario4shirooBoons123SleepyHTheGrubbyGrabbler 7 votes

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Yes

Pretty much this. Someone intending to tunnel will do it regardless of seeing hook counts or not nor is it hard to keep track of.

A lobby off all same characters and cosmetics is rare to begin with so it's not that relevant.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,049
    Options
    Yes

There is literally no good reason that the Killers cant see hook counts. It's as stupid as if Survivors werent able to see how many Generators were left or something.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 399
    Options

Survivor seems to be based on beginners who have just started, and killers are based on seasoned veterans and high MMR, so we can't expect any improvement.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,062
    Options
    Yes

An alternative would be to show a death-hook indication when standing over / picking up a death-hook survivor.

Nice killers can leave them / drop them.

Tunneling killers get no extra help or info (unless a non-death hook survivor is also slugged and overlapping the tunneled survivor to try and make the pick up a 50/50, in which case the killer could wait for the death-hook indication to know they're picking up the intended target).

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Yes

I feel bad when someone goes to second because nobody unhooked, and then I sacrifice them and remove them from the match early. Those who want to tunnel will, regardless of the hook count being visible.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Yes

For those that voted "No", why not?, someone that's tunneling doesn't need a hook counter anyway since they aren't trying to hook anyone else

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Yes

If they've been chasing one person the whole time, they probably will know what they look and sound like