If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Please rate my build for Clown

Options

I have just returned to DbD after a couple of months hiatus. I've been enjoying the BBQ event and while the survivor experience is pretty solid for me I've been struggling with my Clown.

I use the following perks:

1) Nowhere to hide

2) Blood favor

3) Bamboozle

4) Lightborn

Any tips, advice? I noticed when there is a 3 or 4-player escape survivors have Prove thyself or Deja vu. Lots of perks that enhance gen progression. My chases are fine but in case the hex is found I have a difficult time.

Is Lightborn a "weakness"? Should I learn playing with the risk of a flash stun?

Any tips are welcome.

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,683
    Options

I wouldn't run Lightborn every single match, only if there's a few in the pre game lobby. I'd switch that out for maybe Infectious Fright which would let you know if there's any potential flash savers nearby. Gives you time to face a wall or something.

Also Nowhere to Hide isn't that great on its own I'd have a type of kicking gen perk attached to it otherwise kicking gens for 2.5% isn't worth the time sink.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options

with clown ability, i would drop either bamboozle or blood favor, instead I would use Starstruck. So you could synergize kicking a gen, seeing who is in radius/hitting to trigger bloodfavor, then know where to go if there is any starstruck (hitting a gen before picking up would be most effective) especially prethrowing some speed on hook :)

I kinda want to try this with lethal pursuer now instead of bamboozle/blood favor <3

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

IDK... how do you play??? How long are your chases??? What Addons do you like using???

Maybe:

Corrupt- stopping the first Gen being done before you find the first Survivor (probably)

Deadlock- stops the most progressed Gen for 30 seconds (probably)

Oppression- kicking one Gen cause up to 3 Gens to start regressing (RNG based) and causes difficult skillchecks for all Survivor currently on Gens

Surveillance- synergizes with Oppression

Pop- hooking a Survivor activates Pop for 30-45 seconds and causes the next Gen you kick lose 22.5% of progress

What perks do you want to keep... or are you the type to change the loadout???

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Sorry I forgot to add: I use add-ons increasing my throw speed and bottle cooldown (that's one grey and yellow). Honestly, I love bombarding survivors with bottles.

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely create a build with Startruck and try not to waste Lightborn if there is only one flash in the lobby.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 938
    Options

I'd try something like STBFL / POP / Thrilling Tremors or Deadlock or Pentimento / Sloppy or Plaything if using pentimento.

Addon wise his aura addon on yellow bottles would basically be like nowhere to hide, think it's called cigar box or something like that. Extra bottles, mangled if no sloppy are also good.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 553
    Options

Corrupt, Nowhere to Hide, Jolt, Deadlock. Is what I am running.

Lightborn is not needed unless you're going against a squad of flashlight, as in more than 2 surivvors that have them. Blood flavor is a decent perk on him and Clown shoun't be vaulting windowns, in my opinion. But if that perk works for you then by all means! As for Nowhere to hide, it can come in handy since surivvors like to hide near generators. Just keep in mind that Distortion counters it.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 936
    Options

try corrupt-deadlock-sloppy butcher + anything, generic build that works on any m1 killer

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 680
    Options

Light born and bamboozle are not needed (lightborn especially) I am very surprised you are not running pop in either of their places especially since you run nowwhere to hide. Stick on pop instead of lightborn and sloppy instead of bamboozle.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

I think you're limiting yourself with these perks. I'd recommend Corrupt and StBfL instead of Lightborne and Blood Favor.

You could also replace Bamboozle with Pop or even Jolt if you're struggling to keep gens.

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

Yep, especially with the update to Pop.

Thanks a lot folks for the homework! I'll check and experiment with these combination of perks.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited August 2023
    Options

I wouldn't run lightborn as standard, I'll usually switch to it if I see 2+ flashlights or i suspect a bully squad just to make life easy. Flashlights are pretty easy to counterplay particularly if there is only one.

You could definitely do with some regression, pop synergises pretty well with nowhere to hide as does overcharge. All 3 together is a pretty decent combo. Blood favor and bamboozle together is a little overkill on the anti vaulting too. Bamboozle is more reliable, if you want to do well hex perks are very iffy. Perhaps swap bloodfavor for superior anatomy? Along with bamboozle you fly through vault locations and can catch survs unawares by prethrowing a tonic through the vault, slowed surv plus fast clown vault equals a cheeky hit.

My personal clown build I do well with is spirit fury, bamboozle, brutal strength and jolt. Ends chases quickly to help trigger jolt as much as possible. Usually combo the mangled + longer intoxication addons. Mangled adds a bit of heal pressure. But another addon tactic I like is garish makeup kit+ cigar box, antidote buffing yourself for aura reading is actually really good, especially against survs hiding near gens, it's like budget nowhere to hide plys you are hasted so you can catch them unawares.

Also out of interest what addons are you using? They can make a huge difference.

Edit: read the thread properly and saw your add ons. Not a fan of those ones, they just don't give enough value imo, better to place bottles carefully and get more value rather than spam them willy nilly.

Also random note, a handy tech with clown is if you hit the bottle high up, say the lights up above a gen, or high up on a tree it actually causes the gas to spread over a wider area. Good for saturating gens or prepping an antidote buff.