BHVR need to stop rewarding survivors for making a mistake

Options

Comments

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,376
    Options

Having something happen when you "fail" isn't necessarily a problem on its own, its that its way too strong.

i.e. Desperate Measures and Spirit Fury are fine, MFT isn't.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

Sure, Deadlock and corrupt are obvious picks, free slowdown, info and map control.

There is a ton a free value perks that are good but not really top tier, or just decent, so i won't be talking about them(banboozle, brutal strength, fire up, overcharge if you still making SM 3 gn builds).

But more examples:

-NWO, yes you can make the perk stronger but the perk has free value in itself

-NOED, i don't care if people think it's bad, pros use it all the time, it can singlehandly give you kills you had no business getting

Discordance, free info

Sloppy butcher, apply 2 status effects for free on all basic attacks

Nowhere to hide, free info on all kicks to gens

Lethal pursuer, free info and powered up auras

Tinkered, free info and stealth

There are more examples, but maybe a bit too niche. Also i don't think this is a problem, i am not saying any of this perks are problematic.

I agree that MFT are 2 perks in one for no reason and that the endurance should be removed and Haste shouldn't stack at all.

I just don't want to hear arguments that are not true with the rest of the game and hearing people trying to make their role some kinda of victim. Thats what annoyed me about all of this conversation.

You are free to disagree with some of my points, but hope you understood where i am getting at.

• Meghead56
    Meghead56 Member Posts: 19
    Options
  • Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634
    Options

If the gens don't pop you already won the game so no wasted perk slot. If they cleanse all totems you got additional 70+ s to try to win the game. Sounds pretty good to me.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

4 of them with multiple second chance perks at least somewhat more fair than "injured survivor go brrrrrrrrrr"

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,120
    Options

Why do perks such as Resilience and Made For This exist and basically rewards you when you're injured? You should not be rewarded for making a mistake in the game.

You want the game to be balanced around injuries being a survivor mistake, we'll need to bring back infinites.

And no one wants that.

• BlueHorkew
    Options

I can call whatever top tier, i will find anyone say it isn't.

I already got called out in the foruns for saying that perks like corrupt, deadlock or pain res for being top tier, apparently these perks are not used enough and need buffs.

So if people are going to complain about it, i will just say a perk is strong or viable and be done with it.

I don't even care if a perk is top tier or not, i only care if the perk is usable, viable or OP.

MFT is OP, buckle up is dumb. There is no single killer perk that i would call OP right now, aka there isn't a single killer perk that would call for nerfs.

So if a perk is top tier or strong is the same for me, as long as it doesn't cross either line to become OP or meme build is the same.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

Isn't Deadlock a feature that rewards you for your mistakes?

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

then your problem is with pallet placement, not resilience

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    edited August 2023
    Options

It isn’t a good perk. In my experience as both survivor and killer, those type of games usually end in 1-2k for the killer. It is very rare that the killer gets everyone because of NOED.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

botany gives +50% healing speed, coh gives you +100 healing speed for your whole team + shows auras

but yes you are right a killer perk that gives 25% OP healing slowdown

• Archol123
    Options

The question is what would the killer have gotten if he didnt have noed but a different perks? Many times the killer only manages to get those 1-2 kills because he had noed, I mean thats pretty huge for a perk if it basically gives you on 1-2 kills on average..

• BlueHorkew
    Options

I am fine with even with perks like CI and DL.

Again, i never meant to say that they need nerfs.

CI is good but it is only active until the first down. And deadlocks duration and limited activation makes it ok, especially since you can do other stuff like heal or re group.

They are really good on every killer and i think it's fine. The game needs strong perks.

My complaints to killers is on specific killers or add-ons. I can't think of any killer perk that i think needs nerfs right now. Which is something i can't say about survivor's, MFT and Buckle up are not ok.

I just hope when they change the perks they can still be viable, because bhvr has way too much of a habit of killing perks when they nerf them.

• woundcowboy
    Options

I started doing better when I got rid of it and focused on either gen regression or tracking perks. I think NOED is the most notable example of confirmation bias in this game. People only remember the match that they died because of NOED, and not the matches in which it made no difference.

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181
    Options

Lol they want the games to be like when cheaters come in, teleport to us, insta down and hook insta death game lol

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

MfT is a whole other conversation, but… Resilience? Really?

Being injured isn’t a “mistake” on the survivors behalf, it’s a basic part of the game and is pretty much expected in every game. With resilience there’s a trade off: you may get the 9% speed boost but you’re vulnerable as you’re injured, and therefore much easier to track and be downed. As others have said, it’s a “comeback” perk, the same idea as a killer having perks like NOED, Bitter Mumur, Coup, etc. it’s making the “best of a bad situation”.

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181
    Options

The way both sides complain about some things I won't be surprised if the game is nothing but bots at the end of the day. I get so many ppl dcing or suiciding on hook I'm surprised anyone's playing. I think everyones holding out for hope for when alien drops

• Archol123
    Options

I mean fair, but then again how often does it happen that an otherwise baby killer gets multiple kills just because of noed? Ofc you will remember those games better because the guy got destroyed the entire game and maybe 2-3 hooks and then got lucky because of one perk.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,351
    Options

The healing nerfs went to far, which is obvious from the outcome.

Healing, as well as booning, were *good* things for the killer. Time spent looking for a totem, blessing, running to and from the boon aura, and even the ~22s spent self caring were all time spent not on gens.

The devs did exactly what killers asked for and 'made healing suck'. Killers seem to have had this vision of survivors running around blindly, looking for heals and wasting minutes of time for those same health states.

But that isn't the end result. The obvious outcome from 'making healing suck' is that survivors will stop doing it entirely. All that time spent setting up, running around, and healing is entirely on gens now. No one bothers setting up a boon at the start of the game, instead they just get on gens.

If 'gens fly' now, that's 100% the reason. The only secondary objective survivors have ever voluntarily chosen to go do was deleted completely.

As with dead hard and various other changes over the past year, killers got exactly the change they asked for, it just isn't what they wanted.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,731
    Options

Stepping in with a reminder to please keep comments civil towards others, and their thoughts & opinions as well. Thank you.

• WilliamSN
    WilliamSN Member Posts: 524
    Options

Healing nerfs were required because a survivor being able to solo heal 5 times from 1 medkit or infinite times with COH was by all intents and purposes, busted.

The goal of the Healing nerf was to encourage survivors to find a teammate to heal, hence both wasting 16s (32 charges not on gens) or in the case of a double heal, 32s (64 charges not on gens).

However developer oversight forgot that resillience existed, and as such survivors would rather stay injured and slam gens faster. Instead of injuries being bad, they became a survivor buff. (From a potential -64 charges, went to minimum of + 7.5 charges )

Now with MFT also buffing the injured state, survivors are even less inclined to heal up.

And that is the exact reason gens "fly". The injured state is no longer a negative, but a positive.

• woundcowboy
    Options

You’re proving my point…. A perk that does that 1 in 10 matches isn’t a good perk

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 264
    Options

I wouldn't mind this but I think at least bloodlust 1, and maybe 2, should stay, until some map areas are reworked.

• Orochi
    Orochi Member Posts: 183
    Options

So Survivors getting hit is a "mistake" now? Sure, let me play for an afternoon and just never get hit LOL this is just getting insufferable at this point.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,225
    Options

This argument is resting on a few faulty assumptions, though.

The main thing it's resting on is the assumption, stated outright so I hope you'll agree I'm not putting words in your mouth, that healing was overall a net positive for the killer. Survivors had their strong sources of healing, and in exchange, killers got the time investment the survivors were putting in to heal as generator slowdown. The issue with this is that healing speeds were so fast before that the killer wasn't getting anything at all from it. Injuries weren't slowdown or pressure, because survivors could and would heal themselves faster than a teammate doing it multiple times per match, with the only real investment required being at least one CoH and a medkit with good addons.

Another thing your argument seems to be resting on is this statement that the devs "made healing suck", which I find an odd statement considering the devs didn't even touch healing in general at all after reversing course from the PTB. The only healing that they changed at all was Circle of Healing and medkits, neither of which were even made to suck, let alone comprising the entirety of healing. Even self healing wasn't made to suck entirely after the nerfs, it was just made no longer faster overall than having a teammate do it without serious investment, which is pretty obviously how it should be.

Now, I do want to make clear that I don't personally think it's a problem that survivors stay injured, even if I don't actually see that bearing out as the reality in either my killer or survivor matches- survivors can heal up perfectly well, and they do in a majority of my matches. I don't think that staying injured would be a problem, though, and I think even the strongest 'stay injured' tools in the game don't fully overcome the inherent risk of playing minus one health state. I just think it's wild how many people seem to think healing became completely impossible just because you can't specifically self-heal faster than having someone else heal you as easily anymore.

To put my two cents in on the gen speed argument, if your gens are flying (and it's not the survivors bringing busted toolbox and perk setups), it's probably a lack of macro pressure on your part. That may not be your fault, good luck applying macro pressure as Trapper on Mother's Dwelling, but it is probably what's happening.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    Options

I'm not arguing one way or the other that the healing changes went too far.

All I can tell you is, as somebody who has just come back to the game from a year (perhaps slightly longer) break, the game is in a worse state now than it was when I left. There have been good changes without a doubt, but both sides have it significantly easier when it comes to making the game really not fun for whoever they're playing against.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,282
    Options

Buff Thanatophobia again.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Good points.

It's just killer will never stop complaining about survivor strategies.

Survivors were staying injured before CoH come-out and DH was super meta.

Killers: Staying injured is so safe, survivors has not another objective. They are doing only gens.

BHVR added Boons to game for give survivors another objective. Now CoH was super meta and survivors was wasting a lot time to bless totems and heals.

Killers: Survivors are always full health. We have no pressure on them. Hitting them is pointless because they will heal.

BHVR nerfed CoH and medkits to ground and killed Dead Hard for make staying injured even more risky. Sloppy Butcher buffed for make healing even worse. After these Adrenaline and Ressilience is now meta perks. Survivors are focusing on gens even more for not waste time with healing.

Killers: Survivors are staying injured and focusing on gens. Nobody is healing.

They will never stop to complain tho. Unless BHVR decide to make survivors start trial on hooks. I am sure someone will complain about 4% chance is so high and rewarding.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

Where does BHVR does anything rewording for the killer there. Its the only option for the killer if its not going well. If he/she would play in an more fun way (for the survivors) he would lose very very hard. So why shouldnt he/she tunnel if its not going well? Also I see NOED as the Exhaustion PErk for killers. You get hit the entire round by exhaustion perks so NOED is just there to get the pressure back you lost from the exhaustion perks.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

The same can be said about NOED, Blood Warden, and No Way Out, why is the killer being rewarded for not finishing their objective before 5 gens have popped or heck even when the gate has been opened? Why be rewarded by a perk that insta-downs survivors and rewards a killer who hasn't been doing so otherwise?

Both sides have those types of perks. If you want to remove or nerf one side then you have to do the same with the other side to keep it balanced.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    Options

Yes, NOED is unhealthy for the game, but the whatabout-ism doesn't help anything.

We should be, after seven years, at a point where we could remove bloodlust for killers, but the maps are still so unbalanced that most killers would suffer from it. This is the same reason nobody will use that new Alien perk after release week.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Thank you for proving my points.

Exactly that. Killer plays bad, going to lose game. But don't worry. Your best buddy BHVR is allowing you to tunnel, camp for coming back. You made mistakes? Don't worry. BHVR is watching your back.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

People in general tend to gloss over things when they aren't interested in seeing how other people are negatively effected by it. That's honestly the biggest issue I have with this community in general on both sides.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    edited August 2023
    Options

The way i understand what killers want is passive slowdown in the form of injured/healing nerfs, without survivors getting anything in turn to balance the scales. They want Thanatophobia basekit (and better) most just can't say it.

When they say staying injured has no cost they mean, it has no cost on gen speed or survivor actions. The want being injured, except for a risky state, to also be a debuff for the survivor in general. That's what I understand they want. I've only seen a few admit to wanting Thanatophobia basekit, but from their complaints that is what I get. Perhaps Thanatophobia only for gens so as to incentivize healing, otherwise if healing still takes a lot of time, then in that case doing gens injured will again be the better strategy.

The only scenario I can imagine that would incentivize getting healed is receiving a 50% slowdown on gen speed if you are injured. But we all know in such a case solos will be the sacrificial lambs again and then we'll have complain threads over Bond, Empathic Connection etc. which would become meta for solo survivors.

But with Sloppy Butcher running rampant they indirectly *disincentivize healing lol.

Post edited by JustAnotherNewbie on